Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Originally posted at http://EverythingIPlayed.blogspot.com. It's something between a review and session report, so I'm just posting it in general.

In this game, players take on the role of a bunch of huge nerds an adventuring party exploring a dungeon. Over the course of the game, the players must work together to defeat a series of monsters. However, the only player who gets points for killing a monster is the one who strikes the killing blow, so players have an incentive to sabotage each-other. Of course, if players spend too much time and energy undercutting each-other, the monsters will likely overwhelm them.

The game (and its expansions) include a huge number of monsters that all use different and interesting mechanics to fight the players (you only fight 9 in any one game). This was my first play of this, but the balance between killing the monsters and messing with everyone else was quite well done. Sometimes the interaction of all the rules (monster powers + player powers + the cards that you use to inflict damage and screw up other players) can get a little tangled, but overall, my first play of Cutthroat Caverns left me eager to try it again.

Walter 14
Sean 12
Tom 9
Chris 7
Dave 4

Game Time: 90 minutes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.