Guido Favaro
Italy
Todi
Perugia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The power of the special cards (Jester, Minister, Lady-in-Waiting) must be apply always when I play it (in the Court, obviously. When I play they in the Circle, I cannot play individual card), or I can choose whether to apply it or not?
Thank you in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Each of the powers is slightly different. Remember the difference between a conspiracy (play a card onto another card and remove a matching card or set of cards) and an alliance (play a card onto another card but don't remove anything).

The Jester's power applies whenever it is played. However, the value you declare for it is only important if you played it as a conspiracy. This is because the value of any Jester can be redefined by either player on their turn.

The Minister's power only applies if he is played in an alliance (not a conspiracy) onto a group of two or more cards. You can't just put a Minister on a single card and eliminate it (we played this wrong at first).

The Lady-in-Waiting's power also applies only when she is played in an alliance. It is then compulsory to separate all the cards in that alliance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Favaro
Italy
Todi
Perugia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks Martin.
And the The Minister's power (onto a group of two or more cards etc etc.) can it be applied in the court, and can be applied in the Circle, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
mocs wrote:
thanks Martin.
And the The Minister's power (onto a group of two or more cards etc etc.) it applied both in the court and in the Circle, right?

Yes, it does. The only difference between the court and the circle is that you can't play cards into the circle on their own, and the circle having only one player's cards in it ends the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Favaro
Italy
Todi
Perugia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
perfect
I thank you,Martin

Guido

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.