Subject: Variant for easier solo play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roel
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello, i thought about it to make it easier to play with one investigator in a solo game. Take every 3 turns a mythos card instead of every turn. Maybe you can use the mythos card but do not spawn a gate...

And when you play with 2 investigators draw every 2 turns a mythos card.

You guys think this is playable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2-investigator base should be perfectly doable as is. Talking about closing/sealing here. It's hard, but doable. Even 1-investigator is doable (check the sessions).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

I only ever beat the game with three investigators in a solo....will try your variant and see what happens. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Kiefer
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's all about the theme!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolfsflames wrote:
Hello, i thought about it to make it easier to play with one investigator in a solo game. Take every 3 turns a mythos card instead of every turn. Maybe you can use the mythos card but do not spawn a gate...

And when you play with 2 investigators draw every 2 turns a mythos card.

You guys think this is playable?

Essentially your investigator gets three turns per (normal game) turn.

It's not a lot different than playing with three DIFFERENT investigators. But it is a little different. You need to treat parts of the game, such as monster limits and outskirts limits and rumors as if there are 3 players, otherwise the game is way too easy. For example, you can have a close one gate per player victory by closing only one gate if you can get into the gate on the first turn and move swiftly through and/or have a monster surge. If you play it like 3 players, then you need to close three gates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.