Phil Markgraf
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Ethan McKinney just pointed out that Birds of Prey: Air Combat in the Jet Age has been nominated for a "Charlie", the Charles S. Roberts Award for 2008 in the "Best Post-WWII era Board Game" category.

http://www.alanemrich.com/CSR_pages/Awards%20Pages/CSR2008.h...

The award selection is coming up in early August at the World Boardgame Championships ( http://www.boardgamers.org/#wbc ). I am honestly delighted we are nominated! It is very much a nod to the many people who helped us playtesting, researching, editing, encouraging the designers and promoting our game through the long development cycle!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, in any other year you would be almost garunteed to win. This year though there is actually stiff competition for the category.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Markgraf
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
ibn_ul_khattab wrote:
Congrats, in any other year you would be almost garunteed to win. This year though there is actually stiff competition for the category.

Thank you, Colin!

I agree that there are some very good looking games in this year's collection! (I wonder if our Joy Cohn has art in either of the Lock and Load nominees. She did some really nifty Australian counters for them a while back.) It sounds corny, but I'm just excited that we were nominated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
PMarkgraf wrote:
ibn_ul_khattab wrote:

Thank you, Colin!

I agree that there are some very good looking games in this year's collection! (I wonder if our Joy Cohn has art in either of the Lock and Load nominees. She did some really nifty Australian counters for them a while back.) It sounds corny, but I'm just excited that we were nominated!

Well deserved, I certainly voted for you guys, I need to russle up a face 2 face player here in New Zealand
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Lund
Denmark
Århus
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes, Beware the Geek bringing gifts!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!

Fingers Crossed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Ellis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
I loves me some World at War, but Death of the First Panzer doesn't hold much value as a "game" in and of itself. Expansion, yes. "Game", no. And for that, I don't comprehend the nomination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.