Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Pavone
United Kingdom
Chippenham
wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I wouldn't normally do this but I thought I'd just put on record the great customer service I received from www.BoardGameGuru.co.uk.

Before anyone asks, I am in now way affiliated or related to this site, just a very happy customer!

I pre-ordered Tales of Arabian Knights from them on Saturday (It was due out in the UK on the Tuesday) and decided to pay for DHL24 delivery as it was cheaper than first class and I figured that DHL were to be trusted with my package more than Royal Mail.

On Monday, I dropped Paul at BoardGameGuru a mail wondering when the game would ship and he duly replied promptly that it would be sent out on Wednesday.

Wednesday comes and goes so I send him a mail about 3pm asking if the game has shipped yet (I would be away from home on holiday from Saturday onwards so no one would be around to receive the package)

Within the hour he had mailed me to tell me that he'd only just received the packages from the supplier and as a result had missed the DHL delivery cutoff for the day. Unfortunately, as a result of me living in the middle of nowhere, DHL24 probably wouldn't get there in 24 hours, more like 48 which would left me receiving the game Saturday.

Paul then excelled himself by changing my order to First class shipping, and then going and posting the game at the post office before it shut at 5:30. He also rang me to confirm that this was what was happening, didn't charge me the difference in shipping and updated my order once it had shipped.

This was my first time buying from Boardgameguru and I heartily recommend them to any UK based player! Excellent service, but most of all, prompt communication! If you're reading this, many thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Boyle
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Proud Balmain Board Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to second that.

I purchased half a dozen games from Paul a few weeks back while I was briefly over in London taking advantage of the exchange rate.

Paul provided great service - delivering the games in person and we even had time for a coffee to exchange views of life, board games and the Universe.

Great communication and friendly, personal service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Horabin
United Kingdom
Hounslow
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
Spearmint - A Different Lifetime
mbmbmbmbmb
Have to endorse Sam's finding of the "guru". Have just placed my third order with Paul - for 5 games - and the communication is always superb, service speedy, excellently packaged, really couldn't ask for more. I'm certain they will be my first port of call for the forseeable future.

so now you know! Neil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Taylor
United Kingdom
Cambridge
CAMBS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Totally agree, I've found the friendly service and speedy deliveries second to none in the past.

I still keep rambling on about how the Guru had "Jamaica" for only £19.99 at the time (which was a pretty special price). :arrrh:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmb
Paul is a friend of mine so I am biased, but he gives a great service to all of us at London on Board. He brings anything we order along to the club, so no shipping cost. It's great to get new games at a good discount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Fleming
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to chime in - my experience of buying from Paul has also been very positive, both price-wise and for excellent service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hughes
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have only positive praise for Paul. I ordered a few games and one was found to be out of stock. Paul refunded the cost and added £5. A very generous gesture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.