Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Winter
United Kingdom
Hawarden
Deeside
flag msg tools
badge
Someone gave me 88gg for a rules translation and all I got was this lousy overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
How much you like the background and models for a team can
be just as useful in choosing teams as how they play.

I would definately get 1 elf team (whichever you like best from wood/pro/high/dark)

Dwarves are the team I find least fun to play (though many people do like them), I would rather use chaos dwarves.

Chaos teams tend to be bad at ball handling and passing due to their complete lack of skills, but the good side to this is you get to play a compltely different style when you use them. I would chose Undead before chaos, they have mummies for fighting and wights & ghouls for ball handling.

Skaven are fun and play a lot like a fast human team.

Also don't be afraid to use one team as a different type, this is quite common, I've seen people use chaos demon models but use the rules from human teams, and one elf team can be used with any of the elf teams rules.

So my list of 5 teams would be

1 of the elf teams (dark are the most suited to fighting)
Human
Orc
Undead
chaos dwarf or skaven

Although if you already have the basic game with plastic teams I'd keep using those rather than get new metal orc & human teams
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Buchler
United States
Escanaba
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For six teams, my choices would be Orcs, Humans, Dwarfs, Dark Elf, Undead and Norse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Saldanha
Portugal
Loures
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a Blood Bowl player since 3rd Edition (I like this one better) and what I can tell you is Dwarf and Chaos teams are not that fun to play.

If you want to have ultimate fun with Blood Bowl in single match or league play try Humans or Orcs. They have all the suited players with suited skills to do the basic work of the game: beat, get the ball, pass, run, score TDs!

Once you get the feel of the game you can go along with the play-type you like, if you like to have a team that brawls and fights or a team that slicks and scores.
The best fighting teams are:
-Lizardmen (the possibility to have 6 ST4 players with MA6 is awesome)
-Chaos (4 Chaos Warriors are good for destruction)
-Orcs (4 Blitzers and 4 Black Orcs)
-Norse (all have Block)
-Dwarfs (slow but tough)

The best pass-play teams:
-Wood Elves (all the team works for pass-play style)
-Skaven (4 Night Runners)
-Any other Elf team
-Humans (with some skills)

That's it! Enjoy one of the best games in the market!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Saldanha
Portugal
Loures
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Undead team is broken down into Vampire/Necromancer/Khemri. I like the Necromancer team but the Undead team was my first love, when I played with 4 Wight and 3 Ghouls! But now you can only fit 2 of those because of these other teams!
But Undeads aren't for fighting. They have good fight support but that's not their play-style!

The Chaos is a stronger team for fighting, and the Nurgle one is nasty as hell... not good at picking up the ball and playing with it but nasty at breaking stuff.

Have fun playing the game! That's the best advise all of us can give!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.