Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Eriksson
Sweden
Sölvesborg
Blekinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

Our gaming group just recently started playing Road To Legend, and we already have some questions regarding rules.

1. It says that overlord does not receive any Conquest tokens when racing the cathedral. Does this mean that he doesnt get the one extra token at the beginning of every turn for each razed city?

2. How many actions are the heroes allowed to do when they enter a glyph and teleport back to the town during dungeons?

/robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Aubert
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rabski wrote:
Hi.
1. It says that overlord does not receive any Conquest tokens when racing the cathedral. Does this mean that he doesnt get the one extra token at the beginning of every turn for each razed city?

Yep, that means he doesn't get the extra XP. And only that.
Let's say you play the ascensiion plot and you raze Vyneldale, you still have the 5 bonus XP.

rabski wrote:

2. How many actions are the heroes allowed to do when they enter a glyph and teleport back to the town during dungeons?

Rune are very different from vanilla Descent.
When a hero want to go back to Tamalir, he can only do this at the beginning of the turn.
To go back to tamalir, he declares a 'town action' and choose a location to go (Marcket, Alchemist or temple) and by what he can from that location.
Next turn, hero has the choice of performing another town action (in the same or another building) and two normal half-actions (Using the first movement to came back on the dungeon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rabski wrote:

From the FAQ:
FAQ wrote:
Q: Can a hero traveling to town via a glyph take any action before Restocking, such as attacking? Does returning from town still cost 1 MP? What other limits are placed on heroes in town and using glyphs?
A: A hero who begins his turn adjacent to or on top of an activated glyph has two options: take a normal turn or go to town. If he goes to town, he is immediately moved to the building of his choice and gets to Restock there. No movement points, no declared action - he just Restocks.

A hero who begins his turn in town has two options: Restock again (at the same or a different building) or return to the dungeon. If he returns to the dungeon, he declares a normal action (Battle, Ready, Advance, Run) and then must spend a movement point to move from town to the dungeon, just like normal. If he somehow can't do so (i.e. he Battled and had no fatigue left) then the entire action is canceled and the hero Restocks instead.

Standard plea: If you don't have the FAQ, get it now! It's on the FFG site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Eriksson
Sweden
Sölvesborg
Blekinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edroz wrote:
rabski wrote:

From the FAQ:
FAQ wrote:
Q: Can a hero traveling to town via a glyph take any action before Restocking, such as attacking? Does returning from town still cost 1 MP? What other limits are placed on heroes in town and using glyphs?
A: A hero who begins his turn adjacent to or on top of an activated glyph has two options: take a normal turn or go to town. If he goes to town, he is immediately moved to the building of his choice and gets to Restock there. No movement points, no declared action - he just Restocks.

A hero who begins his turn in town has two options: Restock again (at the same or a different building) or return to the dungeon. If he returns to the dungeon, he declares a normal action (Battle, Ready, Advance, Run) and then must spend a movement point to move from town to the dungeon, just like normal. If he somehow can't do so (i.e. he Battled and had no fatigue left) then the entire action is canceled and the hero Restocks instead.

Thank you, didn´t know that there was a FAQ out for downloading.
Thanks for you answers.

But now i have a few more questions.

Is it possible for multiple lieutenants to besiege a city and therefore gain more siege tokens per turn and get to roll more dices to see if the town is destroyed?

Also, can two or more lieutenants be on the same spot? Like moving down a trail and ending at the same space.
There is some info about this in the FAQ regarding

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Duchesne
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edroz wrote:

Extended corollary: If you own or acquire any game from FFG, go on their website to get the corresponding FAQ. Unless the game was released last week, there's bound to be one. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Duchesne
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rabski wrote:

Is it possible for multiple lieutenants to besiege a city and therefore gain more siege tokens per turn and get to roll more dices to see if the town is destroyed?

Also, can two or more lieutenants be on the same spot? Like moving down a trail and ending at the same space.

Yes & yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LoneCleric wrote:
rabski wrote:

Yes & yes.

And before the normal follow up question comes up, check out the FAQ () for what happens when the heroes attack multiple lts at the same location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Bronkowski
Poland
Krakow
Malopolska
flag msg tools
mb
LoneCleric wrote:
rabski wrote:

Yes & yes.

hmmm, roll more dice, you sure? As far as I'm aware rules state that when you resolve siges you roll dice if there is enough siege tokens on the city, I believe it dosen't say anywhere that the number depends on the nuber of LTs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mbronkowski wrote:
hmmm, roll more dice, you sure? As far as I'm aware rules state that when you resolve siges you roll dice if there is enough siege tokens on the city, I believe it dosen't say anywhere that the number depends on the nuber of LTs.

You are correct. The OL only rolls one die per attempt for a siege raze no matter how many lts are at the city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Duchesne
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mbronkowski wrote:
LoneCleric wrote:
rabski wrote:

Yes & yes.

You're quite right. The first "yes" was about having multiple lts on a location, and getting more tokens.

The rules for checking if a city is razed, however, is a completely separate mechanism, on which the # of lts has no impact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.