Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Huskey
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
A few questions.

1) Can garrisons be fired upon (by mortars for example) or dislodged by an enemy advance action? If so, how are they affected?

2) Can enemy tanks move down a mined road?

3) What happens if you get an activation of an empty reinforcement space that has an enemy tank on it? For example, An enemy tank that activates on Purple is sitting on an otherwise unoccupied Orange reinforcement space. American units are adjacent. The card draw acivates Orange spaces for an Ambush action. No Purple is activated.

4) Can German tanks end movement on a German occupied reinforcement hex?
If so, what happens if you attack the hex? Can you pick a target? Can you attack both at once? Could you bombard both at once?

5) Speaking of which, can you bombard enemy tanks?

BTW, excellent solitaire game. The diceless combat with the support element combinations is an innovative and effective game design element.
If you like solitaire baord games, this is a must buy!

Dudemon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hi Steve --

Glad you are enjoying the game. Already playing with the optional German Armor? Wow!

1. Garrisons may not be the target of mortar fire or artillery fire. They do not impede the German advance action and are removed from the map if the hex they occupy is the destination of an advance action.

2. German armor may move on mined roads.

3. If a German position is occupied by a German armor unit, only the armor unit is eligible to perform an action.

4. See 23.51.

5. Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Huskey
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
Hi John..

Thanx for the quick reply.

The more I play this game, the more I like it. I am amazed as to how well the game responds. It often feels like I am playing a live opponent.

Not only do the german positions shoot, but they can move around some in repsonse to your movement. Too many times I thought I had certain units in "safe" positions and quickly found out otherwise.

Unpredictablity is the key to replayablity. I am really impressed with the design system in this game.

Good Job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.