Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Mackin
United Kingdom
Shipley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I only came across this game yesterday and I am very excited after reading the rules last night. I own TOI, COH and LnL BOH and I think that this ruleset might be better than all of them.I have just one question (at the moment).

The rules state that support weapons can only be used once per turn, therefore if Player A fires a support weapon during his segment of the turn he cannot fire it in opportunity fire in Player B's segement of the same turn and likewise if Player B fires a support weapon in opportunity fire during Player A's segment of a turn he cannot fire it in his segment of the same turn.

Is this correct or can a support weapon be fired in opportunity fire in the opponents segment of a turn as well as firing during the owners segment of the same turn?

Many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it, in the After Action Phase (5.36) of a player's turn all players remove Fire markers on their units. So when it comes around to the following players movement and, hence, your Op Fire, I don't see why the support weapon (and associated unit's APFP) couldn't be used again. There doesn't seem to be anything prohibiting it in rule 13.8, it looks to me just like a normal AP attack.

Plus MGs get to set up (nasty) fire lanes during Op fire.

Barry, is that right?

PS. Welcome to the V&V area, Mark. I too got very excited when I found this game. A modernized, fast-playing and exciting Squad Leader. LnL BoH is quite nice, but even it seems "heavy" after playing V&V for a week now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
Barry, is that right?

Yep, you got it! At the end of each player segment the Move and Fire markers are removed, so each player has his units available during the next player segment to move or fire, whichever applies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh... and welcome to the V&V community!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mackin
United Kingdom
Shipley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you David and Barry for your prompt replies.

Congratulations Barry on designing a game that looks to be uncomplicated, streamlined and above all fun.

Unfortunately the UK doesn't have all the copy shops and hobby stores that you seem to have in the USA so I may struggle to get my printed copy to the level that some seem to have managed.

Thanks again

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark, you're very welcome -- thank you for deciding to join us. It's always good to see another recruit, and I hope you can put a set together without too much trouble.

bionikbonce wrote:
I own TOI, COH and LnL BOH and I think that this ruleset might be better than all of them.

Whew -- that's high praise, and I really appreciate it. Those are all great games.

bionikbonce wrote:
...and above all fun.

That, to me, is the highest praise of all -- and what it's all about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.