Matt Thrower
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Now that there seems to be a system in place that does a fine job of tracking the relationships between a game and its expansions, how about allowing users to track plays of expansions simultaneously with main game entries? Something like an addition to the interface with checkboxes for all possible expansions which, when checked, records identical details to the play of the main entry to a play of the expansion(s) that were checked?

Does that make sense?

Incidentally I don't think the username search icon next to the username box in the play record interface works on Firefox. I haven't checked in IE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
MattDP wrote:
Does that make sense?

Incidentally I don't think the username search icon next to the username box in the play record interface works on Firefox. I haven't checked in IE.

It makes a ton of sense, and has been asked for previously.

I can confirm that the username search doesn't work in the latest version of Opera either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the username search has *ever* worked, it's been broken since the 1st time I tried it - which was soon after the revamped play recording interface.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
W0tever wrote:
I don't think the username search has *ever* worked, it's been broken since the 1st time I tried it - which was soon after the revamped play recording interface.

I concur. I don't believe that the username search has ever been functional. Pity... it could be such an awesome feature for recording plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier N.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A big up for these two "play recording" missing features:

1. encoding expansion plays alongside the main game through the use of checkboxes

2. a dropdown list of recurring co-players to easily choose among them without having to type their name again and over again (would also be great to ensure correct ID of players in order to create play statistics within a regular group of players)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kat costa
United States
Paradise
California
flag msg tools
badge
Yup.
mbmbmbmbmb
MattDP wrote:
Now that there seems to be a system in place that does a fine job of tracking the relationships between a game and its expansions, how about allowing users to track plays of expansions simultaneously with main game entries? Something like an addition to the interface with checkboxes for all possible expansions which, when checked, records identical details to the play of the main entry to a play of the expansion(s) that were checked?

That system allows this user-created script to work:

Pops up for you when you go to log a play of the base game. Not officially supported by BGG, but works nonetheless. You can read about it here: SPLU
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.