Subject: I'm very curious to see how rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Young
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game portrays the Russian defensive mine and AT gun "belts" the Germans have to get through in this expansion of Kursk.

Cheers, any thoughts out there before we find out in about a month or so?

Tom:)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TRDG wrote:
The game portrays the Russian defensive mine and AT gun "belts" the Germans have to get through in this expansion of Kursk.

Tom:)

A good point - the sheer concentration of mines around Kursk was absurd - around 3000 mines PER SQUARE KILOMETER. If each hex represents ~40-50 square meters, that would average out to be 150-ish mines per hex? haha. :) (VERY rough math - feel free to correct. )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saan wrote:
TRDG wrote:

Tom

A good point - the sheer concentration of mines around Kursk was absurd - around 3000 mines PER SQUARE KILOMETER. If each hex represents ~40-50 square meters, that would average out to be 150-ish mines per hex? haha. (VERY rough math - feel free to correct. )

More like 7,5 per square if you evenly divide the Square Kilometer into 50m*50m squares.

Hexes are 40 to 50 Meters wide. That makes them have a lot more than 50 square meters. Also a square Kilometer has 1 million square meters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the game comes with a lot of mine counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Young
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I hope a lot of AT guns, bunkers, trench lines and maybe even some dug in Russian tanks....

Cheers, only a month or less to go and we will find out!!:)

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.