Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Okay got my game yesterday and just thought I would share a few thoughts on what I liked and what I did not like.

What I liked:

The board looks good and the colors no longer look the same as in the other maps where the purple looked like red and the blue looked like purple.Good to see they did a better job with this.The board also does not have the glossy look to it.

They took out the ridges in the mountain areas but they did add a black line(barrier) which seperates two cities that are adjacent to each other and you need to build around that barrier.

They added a new card called"Railroad Inspector".There are 2 of these cards.This card allows you to stop another players delivery one time during the game.The rules also say that you can only have this played on you once during the game.So if you get hit with the first card you will not get hit with the second one that is right like it.But after seeing your 6 point delivery getting wiped out you may not care what happens after that.

The advanced rules with the share cards also seems like it could be an interesting way to play although I enjoy the regular rules just as they are.It is still nice they included these rules and components to play the game in a totally different way.

What I did not Like:

The cards.The cards do not seem like they are real great quality as they do not have a linen type finish like the ones from the Railroad Tycoon game.The cards seem to be almost the same as the Rails to Europe cards.This could be a minor gripe as the cards may end up holding up just fine.

The stock certificate cards.These look just like regular cards and they are printed nicely but the backs are just plain white.Would have been nice if they could have put some sort of graphics on the back of these.Just another minor thing but something they could have done to make it look a little better.

Some of the cities on the board have track links heading out of the city that do not go to a hex.Also some cities have a single hex next to it that does not a track link to build into it and make that hex unable to go anywhere.

So overall I really like the game and do not regret buying it and look forward to playing it with the regular rules and trying out the new rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We found the glossy look of the european board very interesting, our group likes it more than the look of the english board. And the water now is an uninteresting flat blue - on the european board it looks like a real ocean. Also we found the red hex lines to much dominant on this new board, the grid overlay wipes out the geographic look of the map that has been so appealing to us on the european board.

BUT: The european board was too dark, the board of england and wales is much brighter and therefore better to see.

For the rest, I am your opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Harrison
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.gamesonthebrain.com
badge
www.gamesonthebrain.com
Both on the board and on the shares, blue, purple, and gray are all too close for me in less than perfect lighting. I found that I had to ask other players regularly what certain colors are, and I only have a very slight problem case of color blindness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree, the colors on the shares could have been more distinctive (red, purple and black look very much alike), also naming five of the companies something other than "Eagle Railways" would have helped, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.