Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Abrunhosa
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 – When did you create this game Magnifico?

SA – I created the basic concept some years ago but then I left it in my drawers waiting the right moment for developing it. When I was at the Gama Show 3 years ago, presenting DUST, David Preti, the general manager of Dust Games, asked me if I had something that could fit in their new line of games. I talked to him about this old project, he liked it and we started working on the development.

2 – How you define Magnifico?

SA – Magnifico is a strategy game with a very typical “what if” setting.

3 – It was dificult to you to find i editor to your game?

SA – Well, not really, but I’m in a very special position because my everyday job is… designing board games. I work for the most important italian boardgame publisher and I’ve published more than 100 game so far. This helps me finding international publishers because I can follow all the development steps, from the very first scratch of paper to the final artworks. I know how to work with the artists, the suppliers and so on.

4 – Have you new project to edit that you can reavel us something?

SA – I’m always working on something new, but most of the time the project is for the italian market only. I’ve just finished working on Risiko Junior that is a junior version of Risiko, the italian edition of Risk. I’m the person in charge for the development of this brand in Italy and I’m the designer of all the special editions of this game since 1987, including the tournament edition and the online version.

5 – How do you think gamers will receive this game at Essen?

SA – It’s difficult to say. Magnifico is not a “german” game it’s more an “american” game with a lot of plastic pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.