Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Geek Guys (and girls),

I need your help please. I have been reading reviews and looking at pictures of these two games (Dungeoneer and Hero Immortal King), and I cannot make up my mind. This is why I am asking you for your always wise and helpful suggestions. I want a lite SOLITAIRE dungeon-crawl game. Dungeoneer has solitaire rules, are these any good? These two games are about the same price and honestly I do not care much about the quantity of cards-price ratio. What I really want is the more fun to play, more replayable, and basically better game.
If you have other suggestions I am always open to read. I also do not want to spend more than $30. It HAS to be a good solitaire dungeon or adventure themed game.

Thanks for your help

Have a great day!

Romian

PS. I recently bought Ambush! looks so cool, but I need more time to invest in it, this is another reason why I am asking for your help. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romian Tuesta-Vilca
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero Immortal King. Mostly solitaire dungeon-crawl card game published in 2007 by Asmodee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Boivin
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Dungeoneer or Hero IK ? Please, help me.
If you want something light, I guess I could recommend Hero: Immortal King – The Lair of the Lich or the other games in the series. But personally, I didn't like it. It has very few decision paths, and is extremely random. It does play solo. At 2 players, it's basically a solo game, with someone helping you to throw dices and flip cards.

Dungeoneer is more complex, and I don't know how it works in solo, but I consider it a more satisfying dungeon-crawler experience since it's deeper, give more decisions to the player, and has better luck mitigation. Both games are quite cheap, and you could probably manage to get both for 30$!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Dungeoneer or Hero IK ? Please, help me.
I haven't played either of those games, but am curious about what others have to say...

Another solitaire dungeon crawl to consider that I *have* played is The Dungeon of D. It's a print and play, so it might not work for you. A warning though... It's pretty brutal devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romian Tuesta-Vilca
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon of D looks really good. I will be printing it very soon :)

Dungeoneer scores 1. Thanks for your comment Eric.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I can't speak for H:IK but Dungeoneer plays solo pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romian Tuesta-Vilca
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 for Dungeoneer then!

How long does it take to play solo?

Please I really need more help in order to make up my mind

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romian Tuesta-Vilca
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you please guys give me more feedback? Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're thinking about H:IK, keep in mind that it plays best (two-player) with more than one of the different decks so that the Dungeon player can build a deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Booker Hooker
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Hero Immortal King a few times (solo), and though I thnk it's a clever game, there really isn't enough there to keep you coming back for more.

It's not so much that the game play is monotanous... I think it is intersting and can be fairly tense at times. The lack of replayability is due to the lack of character and item choices while building your party. If there were more choices, the game would have more replay value.

If you can snag it in a trade lot it might be worth getting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romian Tuesta-Vilca
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for your help!

:D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.