Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
mbmbmbmbmb
We have experience a rain of biblical proportions. The last 6 weeks not a day has gone by where it has not rained at least once. Four times a day is not uncommon. Most of the downpours are torrential. Not only does this preclude us from enjoying the property, but it plays havoc with the satelite signal.

Speaking of our property, it has been a bumper year for wildlife. Around our pond live two flocks of turkeys, their little ones have just hatched and have been running around. There are the Canada geese, 23 of them, of which 17 were chicks not too long ago. The deer are, of course, prevalent, with mommies drinking at the pond accompanied by from one to four babies. The once fledgeling hawk still thinks she is a crow, accompanying the other birds on their flights and walking tours of the grounds. Turkey vultures are big, and having their shadow above her makes my girlfriend call them pteradactyls.

Our property holdings have been slowly decreasing for a year and a half. We, along with the other partners, managed to sell Ruth's father's apartment in the city -- thankfully, before the real estate bust. Her dad's will had her as 50% owner of her brother's house, but we sold the interest in it to him for $1.00. At the start of this year we left our apartment in Brooklyn behind; a mistake, because it was rent-controlled, in a great location, and is now going condo ($$$). Now we are trying to sell the little house that was once our weekend getaway, though it is only about 15 minutes from our fulltime residence.

We have find several nearby outlets for our board gaming Jones. All are within a half hour's drive and have fun, bright people as members.

My writing group, which was great, appears to have imploded for some reason. The woman who had run it (she is HOT!) has decided to call it a day and no one has yet picked up the mantle. I cannot do so, as the group is based some 60 miles from my home. A shame, really. Great people with excellent insights into the craft. Also, I need them now more than ever (see below).

I have finised my third draft, and working up my fourth and last. I managed to cobble together my publisher's requirements for submission, but am still uncertain of the quality. A good writing group would have helped me get over my self-doubt and reticence. Ruth suggested that I send those things to her brother, who was an English Lit major (funny story about him -- he went to Woodstock, arriving on the first day, but decided to leave because it was too crowded). A writer's life is doubt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.