Subject: Preview rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
This is a fun little card game that has a nice flowery theme but is mean and nasty underneath. Each player is trying to acquire as many green thumb points as possible. This is done by collecting sets of cards that represent a particular plant. Some plants require fewer cards than other and so each set falls within a range of one to three green thumb points. Basically each turn you can play one card and draw another card. You can plant a card into your garden or you can do some nasty stuff to neighbors. There are a wide variety of attack cards that allow you to steal your neighbors plants from them such as dogs peeing in the garden, kids tromping through the yard, the sun baking the plants and of course a host of bugs to gobble up the plants. At the same time there are a number of
defense cards that can be used to stop these attacks such as bug spray, green houses, herbicides and salt to shrivel up those annoying slugs. Overall it’s kind of like playing Bohnanza without any negotiating in that you are attempting to get sets but through the medium of card play over making deals.

I enjoy the game. It’s simple, fast and cut throat, working well as a medium filler game. The artwork of the cards has a nice style and feel and most people that I’ve presented the game to enjoy it. With it's theme It certainly appeals to women which is a big plus in this male dominated game market.

I have to admit that in the end what I find the most appealing is that the game really is nasty if you take full use of the cards but the theme attracts those who would poo poo the idea of playing any mean or nasty games because they disagree with the theme. I've butted heads before with people that as a matter or course would never play certain games simply because the theme is too 'violent' or 'viscous', this is a nice game to convert them over to the dark side. For those who have a significant other that will have nothing to do with conflict themes such as war or conquest treat them to a game of Green Thumb. The garden/flowery theme is presented very well and one could imagine two neighbors feuding as they try and best one another for the most lucious garden. If they enjoy it
then you can call them a hypocrite for indulging in the massacre of your poor garden, or at the very least you can silently get your conflict fix and hope some day to convince them to a game of Thrid Reich.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.