Popular Tags: [View All]
Catherine Short
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got my mother interested in board games, but she is not satisfied with only playing games when I visit and wants to find a gaming group. Are there any groups around Stroud area in Gloucestershire that she can go along to? She likes playing Carcassonne and Aquaretto, both of which she owns, and beat us all at Catan when we last played it. So she has only played the gateway games really, but they got her hooked . She would be open to try new games, but may be a bit over whelmed if she was bombarded with too many new games. I don't want all my good work undone.

Cath
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Hampson
United Kingdom
Glastonbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning to move to Stroud in a month's time. I have quite a few Eurogames and will be looking for a regular gaming situation...

I might look up the Bristol / Bath scene, but a Stroud group would be good (too)!

Gary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
There's definitely an informal group in Nailsworth, listed on the FAQ.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/UK_faq

If you can make it over to Ross-on-Wye, you're always welcome on Friday nights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Hampson
United Kingdom
Glastonbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much for the info and the invite, Ben!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Yate, which is north Bristol but technically in South Gloucestershire and a group of us meet up at my house for gaming on occasion. Not sure of the logistics as we're about as informal as it gets (and at least 50% of the time we're playing in a D&D campaign rather than boardgaming) but feel free to geekmail me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Paull
United Kingdom
Nailsworth
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We (my husband Alan & I) have a regular group on Thursday evenings at our home in Nailsworth, just south of Stroud. We're always happy to have more people come over for gaming. The sessions are run at our house as we have rather a large choice of games and it seems unnecessary to take them all somewhere else. They wouldn't fit in the car anyway

Please geekmail me and I'll fill you in on details if you're interested. That applies to any/everyone who lives nearby and is interested.

We are a friendly group which is not at all a male preserve as some groups seem to be. We are particluarly welcoming to beginners and geeks alike. On Thursdays we play mostly Eurogames. I could also point people in the direction of a wargaming group that meets in Slimbridge on a Monday if that would be better for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clark
United Kingdom
Tetbury
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ahoy.

We (me and my better half) moved to Tetbury, South Gloucestershire recently and were wondering if there was anyone who would be up for a less regimented get together.
Love boardgaming but finding an evening free isnt always the easiest thing to do. Good collection of mostly Euro games to bring, as is visible in my profile but will play most things.
Just want to play more games and meet some new people
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.