London
England
flag msg tools
designer
The overtext below is true.
badge
The overtext above is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
In the fantasy timeline, Jesus is released, doesn't become a martyr, and as a result Christianity dies out within a few years of his death. The other timeline is basically our own. Sensitive subject, so I'd suggest showing a pleasant hill with a man talking to 12 others, all seated in the fantasy timeline, and three crosses on the same hill in the second timeline.

... or being insensitive, could name the cards:

Prophet / Loss

or

Wash / Go

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tavener
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Incidentally, if folks find this kind of thing offensive, please voice your opinion here. I intend no offense to any religious beliefs, and am open to better suggestions on pivotal events that make for good artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Gabrielsson
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how this relates to the steampunk/magic conflict. How does one side profit from either result?

If you're worried about the controversy you could change the event to the First Council of Nicaea with the results being "Creed of Nicaea Created" and "Christianity Splintered", though I'm still not sure how to relate those to the two fighting futures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
If anything, I would suggest that it should be the steampunk timeline that includes the release of Jesus and the subsequent failure of Christianity, since all religion is essentially fantasy. ucks:

That aside, the rise or fall of this one religion seems relatively minor when you consider that the vast majority of religious people in the world are not Christian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tavener
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
That aside, the rise or fall of this one religion seems relatively minor when you consider that the vast majority of religious people in the world are not Christian.

Well, Christianity arguably led to the crusades, the inquisition, and maybe even the printing press. This is, however, the event that is least likely to make the cut if someone comes up with a better suggestion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tavener
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AndersGabrielsson wrote:
I'm not sure how this relates to the steampunk/magic conflict. How does one side profit from either result?

There doesn't need to be a profit - just points of divergence; things that happened one way in the steampunk version of history, the other in the fantasy world.

Quote:
If you're worried about the controversy you could change the event to the First Council of Nicaea with the results being "Creed of Nicaea Created" and "Christianity Splintered", though I'm still not sure how to relate those to the two fighting futures.

That would be cute; we used to enjoy playing Credo!: the Game of Dueling Dogmas, but I'm not sure how to represent that visually on the cards. Suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Gabrielsson
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mrraow wrote:
Quote:

That would be cute; we used to enjoy playing Credo!: the Game of Dueling Dogmas, but I'm not sure how to represent that visually on the cards. Suggestions?

Two religious-looking people arguing, or a scroll with the begining of the Christian creed could work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tavener
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for a pair of contrasting pictures, showing the event in the two different timelines. The idea is, there will be a combined picture at the start:

.. which will be changed to the final event when it becomes locked, e.g.

... or ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Gabrielsson
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, okay, so how about this:

One picture is the pope, one is a bunch of different pope-like figures.

Or, one is a cross, and one is a splintered cross (or a bunch of small crosses in different designs - probably better).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.