Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodrigo M. Corrêa
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
MG
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read on the oficial rules that you must choose ONE (or more in special cases) of the
following 5 heroic actions:
move to a new Quest;
perform an action related to the Quest you’re on;
play a Special White Card;
Heal yourself; or
Accuse another Knight.

So i have been playing like, if I already move to somewhere I can not do anything else unless if my special power allow me to.

But I read in a FAQ here on the forum that says that a Knight can do multiple actions during his turn if each of these actions is of a differnt nature.

So what is the right way ro play the game? I mean, nowhere on the oficial rules tell us about "multiple actions of a differnt nature"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me, but I think you can lose one life point to perform a second, different action.

For instance, I can move from Camelot (heroic action) to Excalibur, and then choose to end my turn or sacrifice one life point to perform the quest's action. On the other hand, I can't sacrifice a life point to discard two cards while on Excalibur.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if you can sacrifice two life points to perform three heroic actions (for example, accuse someone of being a traitor, then play a special white card, then perform a quest action). It's never come up before for me.

If someone with access to the rules can confirm this with me, that'd be great. Otherwise, we've been playing the game wrong as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
You may pay 1 Life Point to do a second Action in your turn, but it must be different from the first one. And if your Special Power allows you to do an Action for free, the three must be different (e.g. Tristan moves for free from Camelot due to his Power, than plays a White Card on his Quest and finally pays one Life to also play a Special Card).

May be you should re-read the rulebook, it is quite long!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo M. Corrêa
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
MG
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. You are right, the second action can happen only if you spend 1 life point and it can be done only once per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto with Galahad (ithink that was him) who's special ability is playing a special card for free. This doesn't let him play 2 special cards per turn. It just let's him play a special card in addition to some other different heroic action.

I am wondering now... could he
1) move to a quest
2) play a normal white card
3) then use his power to play a special white card...

all on his turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Ditto with Galahad (ithink that was him) who's special ability is playing a special card for free. This doesn't let him play 2 special cards per turn. It just let's him play a special card in addition to some other different heroic action.

I am wondering now... could he
1) move to a quest
2) play a normal white card
3) then use his power to play a special white card...

all on his turn?

Yes. That's a quite standard "Galahadian" turn when he starts in Camelot (usually after a Quest was completed, a Convocation played or the game just started... i.e. when he has enough cards and Life Points to do all of that! ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaiah Tanenbaum
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Another character (I forget who at the moment - the green one maybe?) can move to a quest for free. So he could move, play a quest card, and lose 1 life to play a special card in his turn. But he couldn't move, play a card, and then move again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
ilta wrote:
Another character (I forget who at the moment - the green one maybe?) can move to a quest for free. So he could move, play a quest card, and lose 1 life to play a special card in his turn. But he couldn't move, play a card, and then move again.

Tristan (the violet one); see the example in my first post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Brune
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
HEY! That TICKLES!
mbmbmbmbmb
jpeters wrote:
Now that I think about it, I wonder if you can sacrifice two life points to perform three heroic actions (for example, accuse someone of being a traitor, then play a special white card, then perform a quest action). It's never come up before for me.

If someone with access to the rules can confirm this with me, that'd be great. Otherwise, we've been playing the game wrong as well.

I'd say no, only one sacrificed life point or turn, because the rules do not state one OR MORE life points. So it's more of a can't do it because the rules don't state it, rather than a can't do it because the rules say you can't. I mean, if the rules had to state every possible thing you CAN'T do, the rulebook would start to get pretty hefty, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hall
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Gruumsh wrote:
I'd say no, only one sacrificed life point or turn, because the rules do not state one OR MORE life points. So it's more of a can't do it because the rules don't state it, rather than a can't do it because the rules say you can't.

Actually, in this case, the rules do say you can't do it. "Once per turn, you may decide to exert yourself beyond reason, sacrificing one of your Life points in exchange for a second Heroic Action." Rulebook, page 16.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.