United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason ThoughtHammer lists the MSRP as $24.95 and with 30% off is $17.47

However everyone else including RGG website lists MSRP as $29.95 so for example even at 38% off at B&B comes to $18.56

But Thoughthammer in the past at least has not had a history of honoring their preorder price and have at time you thought your order would ship you get an email saying you need to pay them the difference before they'll ship your order (or give you the optin of removing it from your order).

Not much of a difference, about $3, so maybe they will eat it on those who already preordered, and some folks I'm sure won't have a problem if they do get asked for more money after the fact, but just a heads up in case....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fyi... now that it's in stock they've updated the msrp amd hence price... MSRP $29.95 - 30% = $20.97

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff,

Why do I get the feeling that, if required, you could tell me the lowest price available for a randomly selected game, at any time of the day, within seconds?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kestril wrote:
Why do I get the feeling that, if required, you could tell me the lowest price available for a randomly selected game, at any time of the day, within seconds?

I already don't get paid to develop the OLWLG, I don't need another thankless job that doesn't pay

In any case someone else is already doing it... http://www.boardgameprices.com/

For this case however my concern was not price... but that folks who preordered w/incorret price would be asked to fork up the difference when it's time to ship (been there done that w/thoughthammer)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
Kestril wrote:

I already don't get paid to develop the OLWLG, I don't need another thankless job that doesn't pay

In any case someone else is already doing it... http://www.boardgameprices.com/

For this case however my concern was not price... but that folks who preordered w/incorret price would be asked to fork up the difference when it's time to ship (been there done that w/thoughthammer)

Yup, it happened to me when I ordered Manhattan from them. Maybe it's because I search Canadian prices more, but I find boardgameprices often lacking in the correct data. Games are often not available (or available) even when they say they are or aren't. Prices aren't quite the same...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bridges
United States
Nazareth
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
The stronger the telescope, the more stars there are...
mbmbmbmbmb
They gave it to me at the lower price...I had no idea they had it for lower than the other online stores because they had a lower MSRP. Wasn't really paying attention...not that it matters too much, because it appears they are boycotting the idea of ever getting it in stock...my FLGSs have had it for almost 2 weeks now. FLGS 1, ThoughtHammer 0. Frustrating as hell at this point. I could care less about the $3.50...I would have gladly paid it...but not getting a sought-after game in for 2 weeks after its wide release from a well-known American publisher is ridiculous, vacation or not.

It's amazing how much online store hopping I've done as a gamer. You develop a relationship with an online store, then you just get frustrated with things eventually (because of stuff like this) and look to see if pastures are greener with another online store. Things have gone pretty well with ThoughtHammer recently and have been my #1 choice. That frustrated feeling is creeping in again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised your LGS had it in stock 2 weeks before... my understanding is that it hadn't even reached distributors yet.

in any case, glad it's out though I'm in now rush myself, think I want to try before I buy on this one, or at least wait for more folks to rate/comment on it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bridges
United States
Nazareth
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
The stronger the telescope, the more stars there are...
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: ThoughtHammer got it in just now and sent me an email.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.