Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw yeah. I am now a proud owner of a 360 and now need some good ol' BGG friends to add to my list.

So post yer handle. Mine is ChumpmonkeyV

Need to buy some games too...

hmmm..

Carcassonne? Lost Cities? Catan? decisions decisions.

~V
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
I want one. I really, really want one.

Lucky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
I want one. I really, really want one.

Lucky.

Yeah, what makes it really sweet is that a friend gave it to me as a thank you for some technical/business consulting I did on a side for him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Lost Cities isn't available on the 360 anymore -- it got pulled though it's unclear as to exactly why. I read a website a while back that conjectured that it got lost in the shuffle when the game company that made it was acquired by another.

Settlers for the 360 is pretty decent, as are Ticket to Ride and Carcassonne. The Magic: the Gathering game is o.k., though it's not quite Magic: the Gathering Online, and restricts players to some pre-built decks for now with only a few modifications. Still, not a bad spending of 800 points. (i.e. $10)

Some of my favorites have been the Lego games (Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Batman), Half Life 2 Orange Box (including Portal, HL2: Episode 1 and Episode 2, and Team Fortress), Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, and Bioshock. Gears of War I & II are also pretty fun, though more worthwhile when working through the campaign with a buddy, GTA IV is just a monstrous sandbox of fun, and Viva Pinata is an interesting Sims-like management game.

Also, one of the really neat features about the 360 that I was just found out about this week is that it can access certain USB devices and run content from them. If you plug your iPod into one of the USB slots, the 360 can access your music and playlists, and if you use a USB drive, the 360 can access music, picutures, and movies (those playable under Windows Media Player). I used to also have stuff shared from my PC to my 360 via my Windows Media library, but my home network is wonky and they're not talking anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Let's see... I'll order my own collection from most suggested to least (and I'll add a personal rating out of 10 to each):

10 Rock Band
10 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
9.5 Lost Odyssey
9 Mass Effect
9 Bioshock
9 Resident Evil 5
9 Grand Theft Auto IV
8.5 Prince of Persia
8 Forza Motorsport 2
8 Fable II
7 Marvel Ultimate Alliance
7 Assassin's Creed
7 Naruto: Rise of a Ninja
6.5 Beautiful Katamari

Honestly though, there's not really a bad game in that bunch in my opinion. Looking over the list of 360 games out there though, there's a lot more that I want to play... :P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Also -- Check your local library to see if they have XBox 360 games. A lot of people don't think about a library as having video games, but it's possible they do have them in their extensive media collection. My local library has a couple dozen 360 titles, plus some for Wii, PS2, PS3, and original XBox. All you need is a library card to check them out, and they usually let you have them for a couple of weeks. If they don't have any, contact the library and ask if they would consider getting some video games, especially for the Young Adult section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamefly is a really fine way to stay on top of the 360 library, without committing much time or money to those games that it turns out really just don't do it for you. There are PLENTY of those out there, trust me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm liking Prototype a great deal, btw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Miller
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My fav is Singstar and BUZZ! .... ups...... it's on PS3.

Congrats for buing nice machine for gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, you wont regret it trust me!

Prototype is very good.
Bioshock is another very good one.
Battlefield Bad Company is very fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manisha DS
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! We bought ours a few years ago and don't regret it one bit.

Some of the games we've played and enjoyed:
Mass Effect
Fable 2
Assassin's Creed
Forza 2
Halo 3
Gears of War
Tiger Woods PGA Tour

You can also get Elderscrolls:Oblivion or Fallout 3 if you don't already play it on PC.

Plus, many older xbox games are also compatible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a big console fan, the 360 makes it my 8th currently owned console. (snes..gamegear..gba..gc..n64..wii..ps2..360) I love good RPG's. I'm looking at Mass Effect and now looking forward to FFXIII when it comes out. Might try Fallout 3 (tried it on PC and was fun).

Right now borrowing CoD:WaW from my brother-in-law. Played some online last night. Can't wait for Modern Warfare 2 to come out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manisha DS
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love RPGs too.

I'm patiently waiting for Dragon Age: Origins. It comes out October 20th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Valien wrote:
As a big console fan, the 360 makes it my 8th currently owned console. :) (snes..gamegear..gba..gc..n64..wii..ps2..360) I love good RPG's. I'm looking at Mass Effect and now looking forward to FFXIII when it comes out. Might try Fallout 3 (tried it on PC and was fun).

Right now borrowing CoD:WaW from my brother-in-law. Played some online last night. Can't wait for Modern Warfare 2 to come out...

If you're a fan of the classic RPG style (like the old Final Fantasy games) then you need to get Lost Odyssey. The story was good, the gameplay was great and the "Thousand Years of Dreams" short stories were simply amazing. It is far-and-away the best classic RPG on the 360 right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bass
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! You'll love it.

I've got TtR and Lost Cities and they're pretty good. (although LC isn't available anymore as mentioned earlier)

I've been playing Rock Band 2 alot recently, but RPGs have consumed the majority of my play time. GTAIV, Fallout 3, and Mass Effect are fantastic. I have Bioshock and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion waiting to be played next. I also like a good FPS like Call of Duty 4 or Gears 2. I am super excited about Modern Warfare 2 coming this fall. From what I have seen so far it looks great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm waiting for a seller to get back with me, hopefully I can get one this weekend. It won't have an HD, but that can come later.

::crossing fingers::

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, this generation hasn't brought that much to the table. I have a reasonably sized game collection, but I have trouble making suggestions that don't come with a dozen caveats.

The best games in the 360 IMO are Rock Band 2 and Oblivion. But if you don't like music games, Rock Band is hard to recommend, and Oblivion has its fair share of shortcomings.

Bioshock has a good story and good ambiance, but the shooting mechanics are very dull.

Mass Effect makes me wish for Baldur's Gate 2 or KOTOR. And fast Elevators.

20 minutes of GTA IV make me want to play San Andreas, or Liberty City stories. Heck, even Saints Row II.

The XBLA's version of Magic's differences with Magic Online are a blessing: I can actually play magic in a semi-competitive setting without having to buy booster packs at full retail. After playing Magic Online in the beta, with all the cards opened up, the only way they'd get me to pay to play would involve a subscription for access to all the cards, but that's not the Wizard's way.As it is, instead of $15 a month, they get $0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
I'm waiting for a seller to get back with me, hopefully I can get one this weekend. It won't have an HD, but that can come later.

Without a HD, it's very hard to enjoy the console. You might be disappointed on what you can do with one of those tiny (and expensive) memory cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:
cold_fuzion wrote:

Without a HD, it's very hard to enjoy the console. You might be disappointed on what you can do with one of those tiny (and expensive) memory cards.
Yeah, but it gets the system in my house, then I buy the HD a little later.

Edit: I worked out a deal to add a 20gig HD to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it! 360 w/20gig HD for $100!

Yay for haggling with kids who forget to make car payments!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
Got it! 360 w/20gig HD for $100!

Yay for haggling with kids who forget to make car payments!

Wow, good deal. Look me up, same as my username.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:

20 minutes of GTA IV make me want to play San Andreas

I'd have to agree with you. I liked the story of IV and some of the new game mechanics but in the end, it doesn't feel like it has the "I want to keep coming back to this game" feeling the others had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Achievements in games are great, but there are some really easy achievements out there (1000 pts in 20 min) that can ruin it. Most folks work hard for their gamerscore, and it sucks when some little piss-ant brags on and on about his points when most of them came from shit like this!

That being said, here are my suggestions:
Bioshock
Assassin's Creed
Mass Effect
Oblivion
Fable 2

Game on people!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Username: codfuzion
(It was as close as I could get)
Woot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
Username: codfuzion
(It was as close as I could get)
Woot!

Just added you. Need some good BGG friends to frag in CoD:WaW...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.