France
Nantes
flag msg tools
La Fayette nous voilà !
badge
English is not my first language
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
It's the Mutual Combat Phase.(A PC marker trigger a Mortar team at Max LOS /Front)

But the unit that triggered it, is in a card with an ennemy unit (and VOF Markers).I think that the mortar couldn't fire to his card because of friendly unit. No ?
So what about the direction of the Mortar's PDF ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Grossman
msg tools
Hi, Bertrand.

Ben has addressed this specifically and it has been added to the errata (9.2.2, 8 bullet). In short, enemy units will fire on the friendly unit that triggered their placement even if other enemy units are on the same card as the friendly unit. Here is the relevant passage:

"When a US unit is on a card that contains both an Enemy Unit and a PC, if that PC triggers an enemy unit that places a VOF, that triggered Enemy unit WILL place its VOF on the card of the triggering unit(targeting the US unit that triggered it, per 9.2). Thus, in this case Enemy units do place VOFs on cards that contain other Enemy units. You will find that in most cases, it is still advantageous for the Enemy to do so, as their own troops are generally in field fortifications. This represents interlocking fortifications firing close in fire to prevent the US from overrunning the card."

So in your case, the enemy mortar fires on the triggering card.

Hope this helps,

Roger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Guillou-Keredan
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
La Fayette nous voilà !
badge
English is not my first language
mbmbmbmbmb
OK,
Thank's for this detailed response cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.