Popular Tags: [View All]
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been running the latest Race for the Galaxy geeklist game, and today suddenly have an intermittent bug.

I have inserted several images into a geeklist item, but the last image does not appear. Stranger still, when previewing, the last image appears but image#2 does not appear. This exact behavior occurs in 2 different geeklist items from separate geeklists.

If i leave the page open, sometimes 3-4 minutes later the invisible image will finally appear (despite no "in progress" mouse icon nor browser loading progress bar).

-Doesn't happen in every geeklist item (most work perfectly);
-[*spoiler alert* if you click one of these links] this has happened in both an edited old geeklist item and a new geeklist item;
-occurs with 2 different images, both from the same image gallery, while dozens of other images from the same gallery work fine;
-occurs regardless whether or not the inline tag is used;
-occurs in Firefox 3.0.12 when logged in;
-does not occur in Firefox 3.0.12 when logged out;
-does not occur in Internet Explorer 6 when logged in or out;
-tried emptying my cache, the problem still occurs;
-everything else on BGG works fine for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have noticed several funny things happening in recent times with missing images including flags, avatars, badges, images etc. In the case of things like flags, the missing items will be replaced by the word flag, or an avatar by the word avatar and in that case mousing over the word usually solves the problem. If there is no word cue, then shift-refresh seems to bring the missing items back.

I can't be sure but I think the problem might date to when I went from Firefox 3.0.11 to 3.0.12 (I haven't gone to 3.5 yet because of possible Norton issues). I have also seen occasional similar things on other sites, but I can't remember which, because I spend most of my time here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.