Hide
3 Posts

Bump in the Night» Forums » Rules

Subject: Card Clarification Questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Durden
msg tools
1) VISION OF DEATH: If a Specter of Death Scares a Person, Play This Card To Immediately Increase The Terror Level By 1.

- If the Specter scares a group of people and this card is played, does the Terror level of Everyone in the Group increase by 1 or just 1 person?

- If an Opponent uses their Specter to scare someone, are you required to "Immediately" play this card. Thus helping them increase the terror level?

2) RATTLE THE CHAINS: Lock or Unlock Any 2 Doors to One Room.
I'VE GOT A KEY: Lock or Unlock One or More Doors To One Room That Has People In It.

- Just need a clarification on the wording of these cards. When playing one of these cards, are you allowed to Lock AND Unlock doors in the same room? For example; If their are no locks left, can you unlock a door and then use that lock to lock a door in the same room?

- Thanks

Edit:

I found the answer to the first question in a different post: (I must have missed that part when I went searching...)

jupitertux wrote:
b. If i initiate the scare with the specter and i use the "vision of death" card my initial terror level will be 3? This card is used on one girl only or should i apply the bonus on groups as well?

Of this I am a bit unsure, but as I have grasped it, I'd say you play it during your turn to increase the total terror level by 1 for the whole group. The reason I believe it's for the whole groups is actually because there is another card that increases the terror level by 1 for just 1 person, but it works generally. I know some cards are more powerful than others, but it doesn't make sense to have one card that generally just gives 1 terror to 1 girl, and another card that gives 1 terror to 1 girl at specific circumstances only. Thus I believe the terror level is increased for all girls scared by the Specter.

So yes, the initial terror will then be 3.

Would still like a clarification on if this card is only played during your turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Dimock
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I have been using the "adds terror to the whole group" method. No, you do not have to play the card in another player's turn and in fact cannot as you can only play action cards during your turn.

2) Yes, you can both lock and unlock with the card, transfering locks if desired as you describe.

Hope this helps! and I hope to see a bunch of "Bump" players at GenCon Indy!

-Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Butcher
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
The garage door and cemetery gate are always locked and can only be unlocked by cards. There are a limited number of lock tokens and once they are all in play no doors may be locked unless one is unlocked first. My question is: At the beginning/setup are lock tokens placed on the garage door and cemetery gate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.