Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
How does it play with 2?

If better with 3/4, is there a substantial potential for kingmaking? Another way of asking this is, if 1 is pure Euro and 10 is pure Diplomacy, where is this game on that spectrum?

I could be sucked into getting this if it truly lasts two hours once you have played it once or twice. Too many of these epic games sit around because no one wants to invest the 3-4 hours they often really take.

What say you? Could 3 slightly experienced players play a full game in 120 minutes?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cole
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will let you know Sunday. Just bought it and plan to play Saturday afternoon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think trying to shoe-horn this game (or, indeed, most games that gamers call "epic") into a tight, 120-minute fit is a tad unrealistic.

Yes, playtime will go down with experience. Yes, some games will see one player pull the wool over the others' eyes with sufficient alacrity to hasten victory to an adequate extent, but ask your fellow gamers if they would rather be the losers in that kind of game, or competing for a victory in a game that takes 30 minutes longer.

And some games that can be realistically expected to wrap up in two hours simply do not, because one or more players are overly AP-prone. Sometimes, it just isn't right to point your finger at the game - look around the table, or even in the mirror.

This isn't TI:3 - it will consistently finish in less time than that. Hell, it should probably consistently finish in less than half the time of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaadd Powell
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still have not been able to get it to the table. A coworker said he will read up the rules, and play it just to play it... I have eve buddies who said they were interested, but getting that sort of time block is hard with these guys unless it involves a bar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.