Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my concerns with this game, and one that seems to be shared by others on the BGG seems to be that there doesn't appear that there is any disincentive to collecting treasures. Players therefore will grab any treasure within easy reach. Hence, the proposed variant:

Given that there are 8 goal cards, I was thinking of playing the game with up to 4 players. Each player randomly picks 1 card and this becomes his BONUS (x2) card. Then a 2nd round proceeds, with each player selecting a 2nd card... with this card being the PENALTY treasure-colour card (-1 to points, per treasure of that colour... could try -2 if needs more balancing)

On the occassion that a player selects 2 cards of the SAME colour, then they simply cancel each other out and you get no bonus... and that player just receives points for each colour (without bonuses)... should this be too powerful you could try (-2 points per colour), although I feel this would not be necessary, as losing the bonus is powerful enough, and still keeps everyone guessing what strategy that that player may be on.

I haven't tried this yet, but please feel free to comment

As for the problem with shifting pieces on a table surface due to (accidental) bumps, we've tried setting the game on a paper surface and lightly tracing the outlines of the mesas and (ends of) exploration tiles on it with a pencil... only has to be rough, but not exactly accurate (would take too long), and this seemed to work quite well without being too time consuming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.