Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Schwerdtfeger
United States
Redondo Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Fabricate Alternative Action states:

"Instead of Fabricating a Robot token of the Current Model type, the player may discard Manipulate Cards to perform a Manipulation of the Current Model Type."

I'm slightly confused by the singular and plural in the sentence. I think that, if I had two Fabricate actions and the current model is green, I could, instead of Fabricating two green robots, play two Manipulate cards. These manipulate cards would result in the Green + Other color Manipulate actions. I could not, as an example, do a Yellow + Other color action.

Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j clowdus
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ting Pong IP
Hong Kong
Lai Chi Kok
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then, does it mean that the player has to discard two cards for the fabricate alternate action, even if the manipulation matches the current model type (unlike the Manipulate action, in which a player only needs to discard one card)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Eyed Superhawk
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Oh, America, what have you done.
mbmbmb
Starsunsky wrote:
Then, does it mean that the player has to discard two cards for the fabricate alternate action, even if the manipulation matches the current model type (unlike the Manipulate action, in which a player only needs to discard one card)?

That's how my group read it, Star. Not only are you restricted to performing a Green manipulation when the current model is Green, but you also have to play two cards (one of which is Green) to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.