Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'm not an iphone owner and really don't know much about them, but I just read this article and figured it wouldn't hurt to pass this info along to those here who own one. Maybe everyone here who owns one is already familiar with this but if not... there is a huge vulnerability in the phone caused by a bug that still hasn't been patched by Apple...

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/personal-finance/article/forbes/...

It seems there could be a lot of havoc caused by hackers exploiting this issue so beware.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
What? Aren't all Apple products immune to viruses and hackers? Have I been lied to?

These guys must be told!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hopefully becoming a restaurant owner soon! Peter Melanson
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's an EyePhone?

Did Hivegod get a cell phone or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had my iphone textnig ability disabled as I do not use it and don't want to be charged by unwanted texts. So I think we are safe.

The article said it's not just iphone that's prone to the attack. There might be some danger for iphone in particular because it is much more popular in the smartphone market. Hackers always try to attack where the the product is more popular, hence mroe attacks on window based OS's than macs. Mac system is not full proof of hiker attack, it's just that they find it not worthwhile for the # of people they can damage. So it will always be true that PC's are more virus prone than macs. Those guys can still do their I'm a PC and I'm a Mac commercial. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.