Niagara» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Rushing Waterfalls: A Pictorial Niagara Review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

I wonder why they did not have the board pictured at the front and back of the box and use that instead of including a board !
Sure, who would buy a box with just the pieces ? .Those who would say " it might have been a little cheaper doing it that way ?".
Anyway, not a bad game but not much replayability imho.

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elfrododumbo wrote:

I wonder why they did not have the board pictured at the front and back of the box and use that instead of including a board !
Sure, who would buy a box with just the pieces ? .Those who would say " it might have been a little cheaper doing it that way ?".
Anyway, not a bad game but not much replayability imho.

Regards.

I can't imagine how that would have really been practical/possible.. The inset riverbed would be difficult to incorporate into the outside of a box, not to mention it would be prone to wear/damage during shipment/handling/storage.. Also, with the pushing of the clear discs along the river, there would need to be some way for the two box halves to be attached together to prevent them from separating under the force of the pushing.. Unless the box were made in a book-style where the halves were already attached..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still like this game a lot, with the same group of players you recommend. It isn't deep enough to scratch that "gamer game" itch, but it's a great family game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.