Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks --

I understand how XP is acquired for both the heroes and the Overlord, but on the campaign sheet I see individual spaces for the heroes to list their own XP. And the manual has an example where the XP is split all over the place. How are the heroes getting different values of XP?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SlikkRikk wrote:
Hi folks --

I understand how XP is acquired for both the heroes and the Overlord, but on the campaign sheet I see individual spaces for the heroes to list their own XP. And the manual has an example where the XP is split all over the place. How are the heroes getting different values of XP?

Thanks.

They all receive the same values of XP but due to the vagaries of Training at different times they may have spent different amounts of XP.

XP received - always the same.
XP spent on Tamalir upgrades - always the same
XP spent on Training upgrades - varies for each individual depending on what and when they train.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, thank you, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Had the same problem when I read the rules. After I finally understood the way it is supposed to work, the problem surfaced again when I explained the rules to my fellow gamers.
It would have been easier, just adding the individual XP of every hero to get the conquest value for the whole group. Then just multiply the conquest the overlord collects as well as the thresholds for advancing the campaign levels by four.

XP of all four heroes + (Overlord XP * 4) >800 switch to silver
and so on...

A lot easier to understand and explain, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*blinks* Really? I find that a lot more confusing than just saying "Every hero earns 1Xp for each CP the team earns." Why muddy up how the OL gains CP?

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nah, I phrased it badly. You don't change how the overlord collects conquest. You only change how the transition from copper to silver and from silver to gold is calculated:
Throw out the term XP (which is the source of slight confusion) and every hero gains conquest the way the group gained conquest in vanilla Descent. The point in time when you switch to the next campaign level is then calculated in the following way:
Sum of CT tokens collected by the heroes + (CT tokens collected by the OL * 4)
When this is higher than 800 you switch to silver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.