Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Are there any boardgames or minis ruleset style games that poke their nose towards the end of SWAT or Special Forces invade the building, kill the baddies or extract a certain individual?

I know about WarmAcre's offerings for Stronghold and BunkerStorm... I'm looking for something though that would apply to a more modern day mission style. Game could be played solitaire or with more than one person. (playing either side or both)

Minis whether they be plastic or metal are fine... I'd be happy with cardstock stand-ups as well.

I'd also like a game that interacts slightly with the surroundings. Say if you're shooting in an office environment... a stray shot hits an extinguisher and it explodes in the area making a smoke style barriar for a time or perhaps puts down a civilian/hero or terrorist for a short period.

If you have ideas about this... is there a game out there that I could find to try out?

thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike,

It might be worth putting International Elite S.W.A.T. on your radar, as it ticks most of your boxes. Last I heard on the game's website was that it was going to be shown to a prospective publisher at Origins. No news of the outcome, as yet.

Ian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't mind buying/painting miniatures, Ambush Alley might work for you. The intro/demo scenario is a squad of marines rescuing a group of stranded civilians surrounded by insurgents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
As I recall, someone was working on a S.W.A.T. game a while back and there was some discussion in the forums. You might try searching there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
batdog wrote:
Mike,

It might be worth putting International Elite S.W.A.T. on your radar, as it ticks most of your boxes. Last I heard on the game's website was that it was going to be shown to a prospective publisher at Origins. No news of the outcome, as yet.

Ian

Thanks, I noticed this I thought sometime way back. It looks interesting but I'd like to see a bit more of how the rules work before getting too excited. I'll wait and see how things go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
michaeldavidcox wrote:
If you don't mind buying/painting miniatures, Ambush Alley might work for you. The intro/demo scenario is a squad of marines rescuing a group of stranded civilians surrounded by insurgents.

I've actually got Ambush Alley and I'm not sure that it fulfills what I want out of the SWAT/Special Forces game. I'll give it another look though and see perhaps if I haven't missed something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the SWAT in the forums I'll give it another search.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Samardza

princess anne
Maryland
msg tools
DVG's Special Forces
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.