Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Wong
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After normal player scoring, I see a couple of ways the king's scoring can be interpreted. I see two ways:

1) You just move everyone the amount of bonus points if they got it. Those that moved could tie with someone who didn't get a king's bonus. Then they move forward one space if they did?

2) Beginning with the start player, you give each person the king's bonus. If you tie you move it forward one space?

Which is correct and what do you do in the event of a tie?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
The first player gets its socre: all castle + royal bonus (if he earned it). Then the second player gets its score, and so on,
You do not add the bonus separately after the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke the Flaming wrote:
The first player gets its socre: all castle + royal bonus (if he earned it). Then the second player gets its score, and so on,
That's how I remember it. I play with the US, Rio Grande edition where tower blocks can spill over into the next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wong
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke the Flaming wrote:

But in the Rio Grande 2005 edition, it clearly states "After all players have scored their castle positions (including those in the king's castle), the king's bonus is scored." To me, this implies scoring the castle and then scoring king's bonus...and each separate scoring has a possibility for tie for a player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The question is really this:

If the score track is:
A | B | _ | _ | C | _ | _ | _ |

And the King's bonus is 4 points and A & B earned it and C didn't, what's the final positions?

{4 is an example, probably a bad one, but it makes the graphics easier to read.}

If A scores and then B scores, the final position is:
a | b | _ | _ | C | A | B | _ |
(where lower case letters show original position

If B scores and then A scores, the final position is:
a | b | _ | _ | C | B | A | _ |

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
mikey384 wrote:
Luke the Flaming wrote:

But in the Rio Grande 2005 edition, it clearly states "After all players have scored their castle positions (including those in the king's castle), the king's bonus is scored." To me, this implies scoring the castle and then scoring king's bonus...and each separate scoring has a possibility for tie for a player.

I see. I own Ravensburger English edition and I think their way to handle the matter is cleaner (you just add everything and must resolve ties, if needed, only once).
However, if you want to add the bonus later, I'd go around the table again following the turn order of the Phase just concluded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Luke the Flaming wrote:
mikey384 wrote:
Luke the Flaming wrote:

I see. I own Ravensburger English edition and I think their way to handle the matter is cleaner (you just add everything and must resolve ties, if needed, only once).
However, if you want to add the bonus later, I'd go around the table again following the turn order of the Phase just concluded.

We came across the same issue last night, with the additional twist of a Master's Scoring Card that scores during each phase. We houseruled that whomever had the first player marker during the most recently completed round, would being the first to be scored for Castles (then all other players in clockwise order), and then first to be scored for King's bonus (then all other players in clockwise order), and then first to be scored for Master's bonus (then all other players in clockwise order).

Seemed to be the sensible thing to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.