Subject: Dominion sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julie Truesdell
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Now that GenCon is getting close, I'm thinking about getting my Dominion cards in sleeves. And though I know I've seen a discussion here before, what kind/size sleeves should I be looking for?
thanks, Rogue Jubi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oskari
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the United States, these: http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/productdetails.cfm?sku=F...

and in Europe, these:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddie Foulds
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
designer
Come play games at Newcastle Gamers!
badge
The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday Games have started producing a vast number of different sleeves for cards. You can buy through their site www.maydaygames.com or if in the UK they're distributed through www.boardgameextras.co.uk. For Dominion you'd want their Euro sized sleeves, or you can get premium euro sleeves, which are thicker and provide more protection in the long run. However, buying premium ones will mean that the cards no longer fit in the plastic insert in the box. If you buy the standard ones, you can get them in fine (I had to move some of the copper and silver cards to free slots though).

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got my Dominion in regular old penny sleeves and they work fine for me and the people I play with.

The size is a bit off, but not enought to really impact the experience.

Some people are very picky about their sleeves and how they fit and feel, so your milage may vary.

I would just pick up a pack for a buck and try them out. You may find they fit the bill and you will save some money.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to compare sleeve sizes or thicknesses we will be at GenCon, booth #412. Please feel free to come by and see. We will have an Intrigue in standard sleeves and a Dominion in premium sleeves so you can see the differences.

We will also have the mini sleeves on hand and tokens and other accessories set up for display and sale. Mention BGG and we will give you 10% off too.

FFG is making a sleeve that is slightly thicker than ours too. Here are the specs on them:

Mayday Games Standard Sleeve is 40 microns and costs $2.25 per pack of 100
Mayday Games Premium Sleeve is 90 microns and costs $2.50 per pack of 50
FFG will have a 100 micron sleeve at a cost of $3.00 per pack of 50

As far as I know FFG has not actually released their sleeves yet but it should be in the next month or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.