Tony Archer
Australia
Woori Yallock
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to try and get Dominion and Dominion Intrigue in the original box insert. Fortunately it is possible with very little room to spare.

(Better options may be found here)

1. As I am using regular card sleeves that are too big for the box I had to cut off the feet on the box insert. Then I trimmed about 5mm around the edge of the box insert so that the cards would fit in the box without the lid lifting up.

2. I then carved out all the dividers to make non corrugated cavities (using various size scissors and the odd lighted match). Duck tape worked a treat to reinforce and repair and smooth things out.

3. I also put blue card sleeves on the place holder cards to make them stand out and more clearly separate the kingdom cards.

4. Then it was just a matter of seeing if everything fitted in - fortunately it did with virtually no room to spare...

I'm already working out how to jam Dominion: Seaside into the box insert using a can opener and blowtorch!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go Macguyver!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lau
Malaysia
Petaling jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an easier option. I bought some card boxes (the little white cardboard ones which are used to store up to 400 magic cards). Then, I used old namecards as placecard holders. Dominion + intrigue + promo cards will fit nicely into 3 little card boxes. I even double sleeved each dominion card (first, sleeve from the top to bottom with cheap Yugi-Oh sleeve (the penny sleeves), then sleeve from bottom to top with thicker Ultra Pro magic card sleeves).

I have played dominion nearly 200 times and intrigue almost 20 times now, and they still look brand new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.