Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thierry TITI
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello,

I have some questions about the rules

1) Is the player with the mah jong obliged to make a wish ?
2) What is the penality if a player forgets to fullfill the wish ?
3) If I win a trick, can I begin a new trick with a bomb ?
4) Who begins the new round, the winner of the previous round or always
the player with the mah jong ?
5) The player with the mah jong, can make a wish ONLY when he plays his mah jong, and not before or after ?

Thanks in advance
Thierry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The player with the mah jong can choose whether to make a wish or not (and can even decide not to play the mah jong as the first card).

2) There is no penalty described in the rules, it is just not allowed. :) You can make your own houserule penalty though.

3) Yes you can. The only time you can't play a bomb is when it's not your turn and no cards are playey yet.

4) The winner of the previous round always begins.

5) Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry TITI
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for your quick response Bernard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bernaar wrote:

1) The player with the mah jong can choose whether you make a wish or not (and can even decide not to play the mah jong as the first card).

2) There is no penalty described in the rules, it is just not allowed. You can make your own houserule penalty though.

3) Yes you can. The only time you can't play a bomb is when it's not your turn and no cards are playey yet.

4) The winner of the previous round always begins.

5) Correct.

I agree with most of your answers to the OP's questions, but for #3, I am not sure you explained claearly enough. I always played (BSW or in person) that you can bomb ANYTIME, your turn or not. There is no limit when you can bomb except maybe you cannot bomb as THE first hand played as if you are the starting player of the round when you DO NOT have MJ. (Is this what you were saying? I wasn't sure).

Another occassion I can think of where you might not be able to bomb is if someone else bombed and it's a bigger bomb than yours is played for that hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
You cannot bomb when:

It is someone else's turn to lead (either at the start of a round; or after a player has been allowed to collect and score - or in the event of a dragon give away - a pile; or after the Dog is played).
or
There is a bomb equal to or more powerful than yours on the table.

Also note that when the Dog is played, it is INSTANTLY once again some player's turn to lead. If it is not you getting the lead form the bomb, there is no opening to play a bomb after the dog is played but before the new leader has an opportunity to lead.

I'd say the following statement is true: "You may play a nonleading bomb if and only if there are cards faceup on the table, and the most recent play is not a dog nor an equal-or-higher-ranking bomb than the one you intend to play".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I indeed meant and play it that way. Thanks for clearing my short answer up. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.