Subject: Connecting the northern and southern countries? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Portland
Germany
Worms
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anybody an good idea, about creating a variant with linking the southern map with the northern expansion T&T_PtG? And to unify the two different rules, to one good and simple --Unitedrule--?
So PtG can be real useful expansion. It should be allowed, to add a few additional game material, if that´s necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
'Thematic?'
badge
"Ugh", Hail sighs. "Dispatch these simpletons quickly. I am already bored with them."
mbmbmbmbmb
... it would be nice, but as some cities are twice - it's going to be difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only Wurzburg is repeated.

Interesting idea, but I'm not very good at making up rules or finding what would be problematic. But initial thoughts....

If you want to really use both maps you'd need more houses. (Or stick with the 20, which would mean getting to less places but opening up more possibilities.) You'd know which map the next supply card was from the back. I'm almost seeing this as a way to drag the game on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it would be a 2p variant where you have one color on each map, but on each turn, you have to play exclusively in a single region, and to get the color/rainbow VP chips, you need to fill *both* regions of the same color?

Each map would be its own entity. You'd have two sets of cards to draw from, and could be building up to two routes at once (one per map). perhaps you could still chain a route through Wurzburg, but would need the card for both regions to do this...? A 15 route might net you one each of the 8+7 chips, if you can get those lengths on both maps.

Meanwhile, the game would end on a "7" carriage or house depletion on either map. You'd have to have two carriage piles and be able to keep track of which is which (the otherwise nearly-useless "color cards" could probably do that). Or maybe just that map would be "locked" after a round, and you would finish the other map as well. Otherwise someone might just blitz a single map.

That seems like it would have some tough decisions and a lot of tension. But I'm just speculating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.