Memoir '44: Air Pack» Forums » Rules

Subject: Air Sortie Played with Section Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I play an Air Sortie card along with a Section card how does it work?

1) Bring my plane onto the board in the section mentioned, and then use the section card to move it 4 hexes.

2) Move my plane up to 4 hexes onto the board in the section mentioned along with any units mentioned on the section card.

In later turns once I have a plane on the board it is commanded like any other unit by using a section card right?

I can also use an Air Sortie or a Air Power card to move my plane without having to perform an Air Check right?

Also in later turns if I have a plane that is airborne, can I play an Air Sortie card in conjunction with a section card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
1) is the correct option except you only move the plane an additional 3 hexes. Placing the plane counts as your first hex move so you only have 3 left to spend. So it will be a total of 4 hexes deep, not 5.

Yes, a plane on the board is ordered like any other unit. If you do not order it, it is removed from the board.

Yes, playing the AS or equivalent cards will allow you to order your plane without having to perform an air check. But in most cases, it is more practical to allow the plane to beremoved from the board (for not issuing it an order) and then bring it back onto the board the next turn with the AS card. You lose the plane for a turn but it prevents it from being collected as a medal in particularly tricky situations.

Without looking at the rules, I believe you can use teh AS/Command card combo for airborne planes as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Without looking at the rules, I believe you can use teh AS/Command card combo for airborne planes as well.

That is certainly how we have played it - so I hope it is correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I play an Air Sortie card to bring a plane onto the board it moves 4 hexes total (counting the initial placement hex).

An Air Sortie card played with a Section card allows me to move my plane as well as the units mentioned on the section card. But at the start of my turn when my plane has already been on the board I must use an order from the section card to order it.

In the Air Pack rule book (page 3) is states "Unlike other Command cards, the AS card may also be played in conjunction with a SC. In this case, it acts as a modifier to the SC, letting the player use one order from the SC just played to make an AS in the corresponding section while simultaneously issuing the remaining orders to other units on the ground"

Now does this pertain to the initial turn you bring the plane onto the board or later turns when the plane is already on the board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play an "Attack" card. (order 3 units) you use 1 of those orders for the plane, and the remaining 2 orders for units in the section.
The AS cards can 1. Bring a plane ONTO the board in that section OR 2. Allow you to order the plane that is IN play on the board without performing an Aircheck.

Edit: Option 2 is a good choice if you have a plane that is adjacent to many enemy units or on difficult terrain with 2 dice for aircheck, especially if the units you are trying to eliminate
are positioned so that they are not reachable from the edge.

If the plane is in open terrain without enemy units adjacent, there is no aircheck, so you can just use an order from any section card or tactic card that allow planes to be ordered. Save the AS cards for when they are needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
grahamj wrote:
So if I play an Air Sortie card to bring a plane onto the board it moves 4 hexes total (counting the initial placement hex).

Yes, that is correct.

Quote:
An Air Sortie card played with a Section card allows me to move my plane as well as the units mentioned on the section card. But at the start of my turn when my plane has already been on the board I must use an order from the section card to order it.

You can order an exisiting plane with either an AS card or a Section card. The only time you have to use an AS or AS-equivalent is when you are bringing a new plane onto the board.

Quote:
In the Air Pack rule book (page 3) is states "Unlike other Command cards, the AS card may also be played in conjunction with a SC. In this case, it acts as a modifier to the SC, letting the player use one order from the SC just played to make an AS in the corresponding section while simultaneously issuing the remaining orders to other units on the ground"

Now does this pertain to the initial turn you bring the plane onto the board or later turns when the plane is already on the board?

Yes, it is either for the turn you bring the plane onto the board or once the plane is on the board.

I thought that is what it said but I didn't have time to look it up this morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.