Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
What do you think will be the ideal number of players for the expansion? 3 already seemed not enough but I have the feeling it'll be worst with Pegasus (but I could be wrong). On the other hand, with new skill cards and characters, do you think maybe 7 or 8 players variants will become possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
LNAGary wrote:
What do you think will be the ideal number of players for the expansion? 3 already seemed not enough but I have the feeling it'll be worst with Pegasus (but I could be wrong). On the other hand, with new skill cards and characters, do you think maybe 7 or 8 players variants will become possible?

Apparently, Cylon leaders are only usable in games of 4+ players, so in a way your concerns are founded.

Corey has stated in an interview that the expansion makes the game more friendly for 7+ players, due to the extra components that are included (presumably extra loyalty cards and characters).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually really liked the 3 player game of BSG I played. It went faster and still had a lot of the intrigue of who the Cylon was, with higher stakes for being right or wrong about that.

I think BSG scales quite well between 3 and 6. And yeah, I agree with Pegasus it might become more viable with 7 or 8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I juggle cats.
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
And yeah, I agree with Pegasus it might become more viable with 7 or 8.

All the previews have still been saying 3-6, but I'm hoping for 7+, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zenjoy
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
7+ would be awesome. Atm too many of my friends like Battlestar and are asking when my next session will be. I have to almost do a rotating roster on who can/can't play :(

By offering it as a 3-7/8 player game this will be solved.

And I think, to answer the original question, the more the merrier!! :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure that 7 and 8 player games will be possible, but I'm guessing that the "ideal" game will now be 6 players - 1 Cylon Leader and 2 cylons against 3 humans. The one secret agenda card we've seen suggests that the Cylon Leaders want the game to be close, so they will probably replace the Sympathizer straight up. (Or has this maybe already been confirmed? I can't remember what all I've read and what I've just speculated sometimes.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.