Subject: Reprint Coming? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if this game is going to have a reprint coming in the near future, or are players left with BGG Marketplace and E-bay?

Looks like an interesting game that I might like to try.

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob kalinowski
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris,

To the best of my knowledge, COM is not sold out and can still be bought at the GMT website. And I see numerous ebay and personal sale ads here. You might try getting a copy from Beresford, as he seems highly distraught over his purchase, and might be a motivated trader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a bit naughty, Bob, since I am currently reading through the draft rules trying to provide some review comments for you. shake
I notice furthermore that the existing draft includes things that I pointed out a year ago when I last spent time with the game.

I can't see what is wrong with pointing out that the plan of putting map patches on the Net for people to print out and (presumably) glue to their existing maps doesn't work for some of us, and asking if it could be a C3i insert. Nor in speculation on a COM update kit. The usual way of doing this is to advertise a 'Deluxe' map on P500 and including updated rules and charts. Booklets are much 'nicer' than a stack of A4 sheets off of a printer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob kalinowski
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beresford,

I'd wager there is some chance the map patch could be a C3i insert, and will ask Rodger MacGowan and Gene B. Regarding a Deluxe map, I have my doubts it would draw enough subscribers to ever happen. COM, while (arguably) the best game on the SYW in print, will have a long uphill climb to attain the number of solid fan players needed for a deluxe map or update kit. The subject is much narrower than a Paths of Glory, and more involved than what people expect out of "popular" CDGs (Wilderness War, Rise of Rome). This may be the only other "heavy duty" CDG besides Empire of the Sun -- but EOS has ten times the interested fan base (WW II) than COM (SYW). I hope it may come to pass, but the statistics of this small cottage industry do not favor it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Will pick up a copy. I did get my wires crossed, though. I was confusing CoM with Clash of Giants I.

Thanks for the information.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it ever does get a reprint, let's go back to square one on the map and get something that does not cause migraines when trying to play on it please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.