Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I just got the game yesterday and I couldn't wait for the weekend, so I punched out the counters and setup the Eagle map according to the rules for the 1 day scenario. I was too tired by the time I setup the game so I got only to the point of setting raids according to 5.1. In terms of target priority the Radars and Ports are the highest priority and I think airfields are medium priority....can't remember the rest. Ok so the first step is to draw 10 Targets Cards...now what I'm puzzled about why do I discard the drawn target cards that have Strategic Value of 1.

The other thing that I was puzzled about was the way I assign the Fighter gruppen to possibly 3 target raids (assuming the fighter gruppen survived their first raids).

Thanks for your help!

Peter

PS: I can't wait to get home from work today and continue to play RAF II is a really cool game. I'm wondering if the design could be applied to Allied Bombing Campaign in Europe 43 - 45

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should be chucking all Low Priority Strategic Value 1 & 2 and Medium Priority Strategic Value 1 as these will be No Raid. The exception is that they may be used as a Decoy Raid with that Strategy Card.

The fighter assignments are for the first three time segments for the day starting with the first one that has a raid. So, if your first raid is 0800, then you need to assign fighters to 0800, 0100 & 1200. If you don't have raids in both of those later time segments, they still count for the purposes of the next two segments and you are not forced to assign fighters to 1400 onward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To follow up on what Brent said, you should look up each target in the German Raid Priority Table using the target type and strategic value. This will give you a Major, Minor, or No Raid. Basically, Hitler or Goering is saying where you can or can't put effort for that raid day. You discard No Raids because you can't fly them (except using the Decoy Raid strategy card, which you don't have for the one-day scenario). Mark Minor Raids with the marker to make sure you assign a max of 3 gruppen.

You only assign fighters to the first 3 time steps because the later raids may use fighters that flew in earlier raids, once they've turned around.

I hope my RAF Eagle example of play will clear some of your questions up, but I'm not sure it will be posted before you start playing in earnest.

Edit: Okay, I posted it here. Hope it helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Brent and James!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.