Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Pape
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So here's my thought on what would be a really useful next expansion.

I haven't played a ton of AH, but recently I got my first couple of expansions. I've seen on the forums and experienced first hand (as of my first play with KiY and Dunwich), that dilution of the mythos cards for other cities is a problem.

So my suggestion (as the name of the forum suggests...sorry about the Munchkin reference) is a supplement of mythos cards, with rules on how to add them to different combinations of expansions to keep things interesting.

I realize there are a lot of combinations (2^6 = 64...is that right? some of these combinations are irrelevant by the way), but something witty could be done to make it work. It seems like you would need at most 6 (one per expansion) and a look up table for how many to add from each depending on what's in the game.

Also...has this all been discussed ad nauseum already?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
bartolbe wrote:

yes goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Pape
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
bartolbe wrote:

yes :goo:

haha...alright then. Must be a pretty awesome idea I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
There has been a lot of talk to combine the expansions so that you can get Exhibit items in Inssmouth or Blight cards with Dunwich characters, etc. In addition, find a way to increase the potency of Act cards and other sub-systems that get dilluted when you mix all the expansions together.

Right now, each expansion interacts with only the base game (with a few exceptions of some of the "modular" portions of the expansions like Epic Battle cards and Personal Stories).

I forget the exact numbers (as I was just looking at them 2 nights ago)but I think the hot spot locations in Arkham have something like 21-25 Mythos cards that open gates while the hot spots in the other cities only have 7 cards each. Medium spots are something like 14 to 5 while low spots are something like 5 to 2. However it worked out, I remember you could add 53 cards to get all the Mythos rebalanced.

Add another 60 card deck and you should be close to bringing the City Encounter cards up as well. With a little research, they could try to balance all the little decks as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Lloyd
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian,

What's the best database with the cards that's available?

I'm curious to look at the mean value of all the items cards from expansion to expansion - There seem to be more uesless cheap items on some of the later packs ("Food"? Are you kidding me?)

L.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Mine of course! But it's not publicly available. I have all the text inputed (with a few exceptions) so I don't want FFG to be mad at me posting copyrighted material. Otherwise I would gladly share it.

But to answer your question:

Common Items:
Total = 103 cards, $321, = $3.12 mean
AH = 45 cards, $137, = $3.04 mean
DH = 15 cards, $40, = $2.67 mean (the $0 Tasks are what drives this average down)
KiY = 19 cards, $60, = $3.16 mean
KH = 13 cards, $41, = $3.15 mean
BGotW = 11 cards, $43, = $3.91 mean
CotDP and IH have no Common Items

Unique Items:
Total = 109 cards, $520, = $4.77 mean
AH = 39 cards, $192, = $4.92 mean
DH = 25 cards, $109, = $4.36 mean (the $2 Missions are what drives this average down)
KiY = 22 cards, $111, = $5.05 mean
KH = 12 cards, $60, = $5.00 mean
BGotW = 11 cards, $48, = $4.36 mean
CotDP and IH have no Unique Items
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.