Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Hoffpauir
United States
Lake Charles
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing a few games of Tales of the Arabian Nights I have discovered what we all have discovered and that is the game creates a marvelous story for your character but I seem to find myself wanting a more overarching campaign that I can continue in weekly sessions much like an RPG campaign.

The Concept: You and your friends are a team of adventurers who have been hired by the Sultan to do jobs such as clearing out monsters from areas of the Kingdom or rescuing Princesses. The sultan has a magical artifact that he can use to call the party to him when he needs a job done and once it is finished you can then return to your solo adventuring exactly where you left off.

The Components: This variant will require three seperate games. First, Tales of the Arabian Nights will simulate the solo adventuring portion of the game. Next, you will need a simple Dungeon Crawl game to simulate the missions that the Sultan is going to give you I recomend using Cutthroat Caverns for this part of the game as you can easily write up a background story for the mission and you can even make it so that the skills that you aquire during Tales will come into play here. Finally, there will need to be a final mission that you can undertake in order to become Sultan at the end of the game, I will be using Talisman for my final mission as it is incredibly simple and I can add in the Tales skills without much difficulty.

The Gameplay: Before the first session, each party member will select their Win Ratio from using the standard Tales of the Arabian Nights rules from a total either 20, 30, or 40 depending on how long the players want the campaign to last. During the first session the players will decide to play 5-10 turns of Tales of the Arabian Nights.

After the Tales session, the players will then play one game of Cutthroat Caverns using the normal rules for that game. The winner of Cutthroat Caverns will be given D2 and S2. The other players will then be given their choice of D1 or S1 if they survive the game.

Gameplay will continue in this way until one player has won Tales of the Arabian Nights which will then start him into the game of Talisman. The other players will then have 4 turns to make it back to Bahgdad before they are started into the game of Talisman. The campaign will finally end when one player has claimed the Crown of Command and won Talisman.

This is just an idea that I have been kicking around, I havent figured out some of the rules that will govern the use of skills during Talisman but as soon as I know I will let you all know. If did not want to do the dungeon crawl portion of the game then you could greatly shorten the time to play. Again this is just a rough draft, let me know what you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is crazy...so crazy it just might work!

I'll be curious to hear if you can actually get other people to play this idea with you and then what they think also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.