Subject: Felix: The Lolcats in the Sack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Toni Ruuska
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm more of a dog person, but cats can be fun too. Like the ones that make you laugh out loud. You know, the Lolcats.

So when I first saw Felicity: The Cat in the Sack, I immediately wanted to spice it up with those funny cat pictures seen online. It was easy. I just printed out my favourite pictures of cats, bunnies and dogs, slipped them into card shields with non-transparent backgrounds with regular playing cards and the game was ready to begin. We also replaced the original tokens with poker chips, just to boost the gambling atmosphere Felix has.

The game was so much more fun than the original Felix. There were five of us playing and I hadn't shown the cards to anyone before. Thus it was fun to see everyone's reactions when new cards were revealed. Some players even wanted to bid more for their favourites: 'all in' for the sack with the Ceiling Cat in it!

Felicity: The Cat in the Sack has quickly become one of my favourite fillers. It's a great game, and the Lolcats made it even better. Well, at least for a while, before everyone gets bored of silly Internet memes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Ize laffin, I izz!

Excellent idea. I'll have to give this a go myself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Ruuska
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

My version is kinda quick'n'dirty. I'm sure you can easily make even cooler and better looking cards. And maybe something with invisible bicycles and cheezburgers too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.