Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greggory Delman
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi! Me and my girlfriend keep debating how to properly play the reverse order card in a two player game.

We get that if player 1 puts down the reverse order card, it should act as a second turn immediately after the current turn is over.

The conflict comes in when the new rule is removed for whatever reason (simplify, etc). What happens then? Is it just removed or does the player that removes it get a second turn immediately after they finish the turn where reverse order was removed?

This has come up a few times and we were curious if anyone had an official answer. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rule that Reverse Order does nothing in a 2-player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got Flux and Flux 4 and both of mine have instructions on the Reverse card that say what to do in a 2 player game. Apparently the person who plays it just gets an extra turn.

(edit: in case it wasn't clear, reverse card is shown top right in photo)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
In my copy (3.1ed I think), the Reverse Order card states:
"When there are only two players, treat this card as Take Another Turn."

Since there is a Take Another Turn card, and it is an Action card, we play the Reverse Order card as an Action (not a Rule) in a two player game.

That avoids the ambiguity that comes in when the Reverse Order card is played as a Rule at the start of your turn, and then during your turn a Rules Reset is played (or anything else that removes that Rule), leaving you uncertain as to whether you still get your second turn (since the card is no longer in play at the end of your turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greggory Delman
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it sounds like everyone just treats it as an action card. Cool, thanks for the input and that settles this dispute we have. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Onstad
United States
Donald
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We (my wife and I) have always played it that when played it gives the player an extra turn. Then when removed by another card it gives the remover an extra turn. (just as if the turns had been reversed again.) But playing as an action card works as well if that is what you prefer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.