Popular Tags: [View All]
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've uploaded improved player mats and order card play aids here: www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/45411.

The setup mats put all the information you will need during the game at your finger tips:

In the center is the player's form of government with the costs required to convert neutrals (using NEHOTIATE) of other forms of governments illustrated. At center left is a turn summary and at center right a unit reference showing the types of units in casualty order, their advantages and costs, how many of them you start with, whether or not they are advanced units and whether or not they get an extra face on the combat dice.

Along the bottom and on the right edge, the advantages of the various technologies are explained and the starting technology fot each player is marked as 1 instead of 0. Across the top, the four phases of each turn are listed, with a reminder to burn during winter.

Included in the file (not shown) is a sheet of nine cards, one of which is a unit deployment card showing your front linw during battle. There are eight boxes on it, four marked 1, the others 2-5 indicating what rounds you may place a unit on the front line in that box. The deployment cards has the banner "RESERVE" along its bottom, indicating your reserve forces off-card. It also bears a reminder to give attacking artillery and subs an opening salvo.

The remaining eight cards are "order" cards, i.e. MOVE, NAVIGATE, BLITZ, TRANSPORT, BUILD, RESEARCH, NEGOTIATE and PASS. They each have complete summaries of what you can do during that action. These replace the circles and phase markers that ship with the game. Instead of putting a phase marker in a circle, you put the "order" card above the "season" of that phase on your player mat. If you elect not to burn oil for a WINTER phase, you play "PASS".

An intersting variant to try with these play-aids would be having players select their orders for a single phase or even the entire turn simultaneously, placing them face down above the player mat. Orders would then be executed serially, starting with the first player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ty church
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Nice ill have to get a couple of these it will really help since about every time i play i have a new guy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Williamson
Australia
Ingleburn
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Very nice, thanks for making them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John M
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are awesome - look really pro as well. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.