Popular Tags: [View All]
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The question is in the title. There are six skills with 4 markers each, and twelve with 3. Are the former expected to be chosen or bestowed more often?

The rulebook says that the number of markers is not a limit in the game, so it can only be a matter of convenience if that is the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Frederick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I think it's a reasonable supposition that the ones with 4 are either handed out more by the game system or, through playtesting, were determined to be more popular as initial selections by players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W Myers
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Actually there was a reason for this in the original game that they were numbered I think it was used in the trade portion of the game, but there might be other reasons. Is it specific skills that have the numbers or do same skills have different numbers.

And is the new version out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tricuspa wrote:
Actually there was a reason for this in the original game that they were numbered I think it was used in the trade portion of the game, but there might be other reasons. Is it specific skills that have the numbers or do same skills have different numbers.

And is the new version out!

It's not that they're numbered, it's the number of tokens provided with the game. For example, there may be 4 Wisdom skill tokens and only 3 Luck skill tokens.

My guess, much like the Destiny/Story tokens, is that they printed what they had room for on the token sheets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your comments, guys. I'd like to think that Matthew is correct, but I suspect Jeff has it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.