Dylan Kirk
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...and yet I stay inside to have a shower. How wasteful is that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
I never understood why people get out of the POOL or Ocean when it rains...yes I understand getting out with lightning and thunder but when its just a rain shower everyone runs inside...I love swimming when its raining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
mbmbmbmbmb
So they finally transferred you out of Sri Lanka. Good of them to do that now that most of the crap appears to be over in that little corner of things. So, how is Shanghai, other than the rain?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't it rain for months on end there during the rainy season?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Kirk
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osiris Ra wrote:
So they finally transferred you out of Sri Lanka. Good of them to do that now that most of the crap appears to be over in that little corner of things. So, how is Shanghai, other than the rain?

Sri Lanka seems a dream now... they transferred me in just before there were two high-profile bombings which effectively ended the peace process, and they shipped me out just before the North was recaptured. I think I must have been a bad influence...

Shanghai, however, is simply awesome. Just got back from a nice sunday brunch at the Café Montmartre on the corner of Urumuchi and Changle. Mmmm-mmmm smoked salmon on toast and cinnamon-apple crêpes!

And, of course, it's still raining...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Kirk
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mileser wrote:
Doesn't it rain for months on end there during the rainy season?

Shanghai I think it's just rainy in August, but there is an occasional typhoon. Sri Lanka has a northern and southern monsoon, but monsoons don't invariably bring rains. I could tell you stories about driving in flooded conditions in Sri Lanka though... my car was a little Nissan, and three times I've driven in floods that (occasionally) came over the hood of the car. You have to mind your acceleration in order to avoid flooding the engine, and you can hear the exhaust pipe bubbling out back. Only once did we actually flood the interior of the car though.

Incidentally, major flooding (that killed 9 people in Colombo alone) was the cause of the only time I was ever late for work in Sri Lanka.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.