Hide
5 Posts

Zombies!!!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does the helipad count as a 4 way street? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
High Card
msg tools
I just got the first edition of this game and played it with some friends. We ran into a problem that we couldn't agree on a solution to so I decided to ask here. The problem was that the rulebooks says "You may not block any road with the side of a building". My friends argued that because of the way we had set up the tiles, the helipad could not be placed down because the only place that was left to put it would have 2 of the helipad sides touching buildings,and they insisted that the helipad was essentially a 4 way street. Can I get a ruling on this please?

(p.s. this is the second time i tried to post this, the first post never showed up for me, so I apologize if i double posted.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Collins
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what the official ruling is, but I would probably spot rule that you can't play the tile and have to win by 25 zombie kills.

edit:

Page two of the rules states:

"It is possible to place map tiles in such a manner
that no further tiles can be played. If this occurs,
the player who plays the last tile immediately
loses the rest of their turn. Play continues until
one player collects 25 zombies.
"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Wright
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This answer is found on the company's website FAQ under 'Specific Tiles'.

What happens if the Helipad is drawn and can't be placed?
The only way to win the game would be to kill 25 zombies. Now, if the Helipad was shuffled in the deck, it should be shuffled back into the deck if it can't be played.

How many road acesses does the Helipad have?
It has four and should be treated like a four-way generic road.

Hope this helps to clarify things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
High Card
msg tools
Thanks, we eventually ended the game with someone getting 25 kills, but this is very helpful for future games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bettinger
United States
batavia
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have had trouble in a few of our games of placing everything down without blocking roads, but if you just want the helipad down we have also been treating it as a building.

You can tweak the rules as you see fit as long as everyone agrees.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.