Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The New Caprica Crisis deck, an all-new set of obstacles based on the award-winning third season of Battlestar Galactica,

Anyone else notice it says third? I'm curious what they'll do for the next expansion, I suppose it'll be the last one, instead of 3 we're only getting 2. I guess that's ok, but more the better!

I looked for a simliar discussion before posting this, so if I missed it, please point me to it as I'd be curious to read anything about it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes sense. Most of the New Caprica arc happened during the third season. Season 2 ends when the cylons appear at New Caprica, and the board game focuses on the cylon occupation of New Caprica and the humans efforts to escape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the last season dynamic is really a completely different animal and I almost hope they don't try to add it on to the game. But they have sort of set up some possible mechanics for such with the Cylon Leaders and Agendas.

I'm thinking more likely they will have an expansion with characters and cards, like the small box Arkham and Runebound expansions. There are still "minor" characters I'd like to see, like Callie for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I suppose, and they have some Season 2 Crisis already in the base game. Just makes me wonder if there are indeed 2 more expansions past Pegasus, what the frak can they add? And I'm referring to the thread where someone snooped and found the 2 other directories.. etc. So its not in stone yet.

Ah well!

thanks for the replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hagen
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
age agree eek egg erg gag gage game gamer gee geek gem germ keg kegger mag mage meek mega merge reek rem
mb
The New Caprica arc is only the first four episodes of Season 3. Plenty left for a second expansion if that's the route FFG chooses to take.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just the first part of season three was the New Caprica arc. Only the first 4 of the 20 episodes of season 3 are on New Caprica. There is still the stuff like
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The algae planet, the Eye of Jupiter, the reveal of the Final 5 (well, 4 of them), Starbuck's fate, the Battle of the Ionian Nebula, etc...

Still lots of ground to cover, but, i do agree that small box expansions are more likely from here forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Landon Sommer
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
I wouldn't mind seeing several small box expansions with new crises and new characters. Maybe more ships as well? Blackbird, MkVII's, etc. There's no reason they can't go back and visit a few things that they skipped over to start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andro Hsu
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Adonai_80 wrote:
Yeah, I suppose, and they have some Season 2 Crisis already in the base game. Just makes me wonder if there are indeed 2 more expansions past Pegasus, what the frak can they add? And I'm referring to the thread where someone snooped and found the 2 other directories.. etc. So its not in stone yet.

I thought the two other directories meant that there were two more previews of Pegasus after the first two...so there is one more preview left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
haha, erm.. yeah, my bad I was mixing that up with Pegasus being in the 2nd season, but 2 seasons left (and 2 directories left) just kinda muddled em together. I was hoping for one expansion per season so 2 more. But I was really saying that may or may not be possible if they're taking stuff out of season 3 already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adonai_80 wrote:
haha, erm.. yeah, my bad I was mixing that up with Pegasus being in the 2nd season, but 2 seasons left (and 2 directories left) just kinda muddled em together. I was hoping for one expansion per season so 2 more. But I was really saying that may or may not be possible if they're taking stuff out of season 3 already.

They are taking stuff out of season 3, but,
Spoiler (click to reveal)
it is only so much as what Pegasus was involved in since she was found in season 2 and destroyed during the escape from New Caprica 4 episodes into season 3.
I don't think of the New Caprica stuff as being season 3, just the conclusion of season 2 storylines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.