David Scolari
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,
I am going to be studying abroad in Rome, Italy for a year and I was wondering if anyone knew or are part of a group/club that I could join for the year. I did find on the BGG forums the goblins.net homepage, but unfortunately, my Italian is just cosi-cosi so I get the general gist of the site, but not quite enough to know what to do. My Italian is getting better as I do take classes, so any gaming group that I do join, I should be able to get along in Italian if need be. So I ask my fellows Geeks for their assistance and look forward to finding fellow gamers in Italia!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimiliano della Rovere
Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!
You can find lots of gamers in Rome.

Go to the website "La tana dei goblin" www.goblins.net (sort of Italian gamers' website) and ask there for gamers.

I know they meet in a pub "La civetta sul comò" on Thursdays at 21:00. The gaming night is dubbed "Il goblin sul comò", mixing the pub and the association names.
http://nuke.goblins.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtop...

La civetta sul comò website: http://www.asscivetta.it/intro.htm

---------------

I posted a link to this thread on the goblin website in the goblin sul comò forum:
http://nuke.goblins.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtop...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raffaele Porrini
Italy
Rome
Latium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear David, where in Rome will you live? Depending on that you would find help gaming by one or another person.

Btw: Welcome in Rome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Scolari
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I do not have an exact address however, I do know the name of the residence and the neighborhood in which it is located. The residence name is: The Residence Medaglie d'Oro located in the Prati neighborhood of Rome. I hope that helps.

Grazie!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carlo trifogli
Italy
Monte Compatri
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Your residence is located in the north of Rome. In August we are not going to meet in the pub, because it's closed. Anyway, if you are already in Italy, you can write on the forum of goblins.net in the session "Qui si gioca da..." writing in the title that you are looking for gamers in rome. Then, in the message, you can say whatever you like, where you are going to stay, in which days you'd like to play and anything else! If you prefer, you can write the message in English, it won't be a problem! Hope to see you soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raffaele Porrini
Italy
Rome
Latium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David, I know well that residence that is very near to my home. I am sure we can agree some game night.

Follow Carlo's suggestion and post in the the section "Qui si gioca da..." ("Today we play by...") in goblin's forum. Many of us are english speakers and will answer you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Scolari
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! I do not arrive in Rome until September 1st, but I will definitely post something in the goblin forum towards the end of the month and get in contact with everyone then. Thank for all your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.